We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester Airport to Keele Univ., Staffordshire

Penang
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester Airport to Keele Univ., Staffordshire

Hi,

I'll be arriving at Manchester to enrol at Keele Univ.There are 2 flight options - one arriving abt 10am and another arriving 8pm.What's your advice?

How do I get there and I have lots of luggage.

Thanks

Al

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester Airport to Keele Univ., Staffordshire

Far more travel options and time if you arrive at 10 a.m

For the various travel options and approximate coast Google Keele University How to get there. You will be taken to a very good list complied by the university giving, amongst others, all the possibilities for getting from Manchester Airport

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester Airport to Keele Univ., Staffordshire

You should contact the International Students Liaison at the University.

keele.ac.uk/international/…

From that link, I already know that you should be arriving on or before 25th September and that they have people at Manchester Airport to meet students and coaches from there.

Why aren't you asking them these questions rather than an internet message board?!

England, United...
Level Contributor
10,994 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester Airport to Keele Univ., Staffordshire

Whichever flight you arrive on, Keele UNI campus will still be the same distance away.

How much luggage is " a lot" ? 3 suitcases, or many more?

What is your budget for travelling from MIA to the UNI campus? If you are familiar with train travel in the UK then you could look at the National Rail Enquiries website for train times and costs.

If you are not accustomed to rail travel, then please come back and other TA contributors may be able to help you with alternative suggestions.

Penang
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester Airport to Keele Univ., Staffordshire

I will only be able to arrive on 2 Oct. Meet and greet service from the Univ. may not be available then.

I want to be prepared in case I have to find my own way there.

I will probably have 2 large luggages and 2 small ones.

Thanks

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester Airport to Keele Univ., Staffordshire

But given that you will need to contact the University anyway to advise that you will not be there for the induction, they are still the best people to answer your questions.

Eg. there may be other students arriving at the same time, etc.

One would imagine as a general rule that arriving in any location at 10am is better for onward travel than arriving at 8pm....

6. Re: Manchester Airport to Keele Univ., Staffordshire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:17