We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap B&B near Old Trafford football ground

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap B&B near Old Trafford football ground

Hi,

Would anyone have a name for a cheap B&B that's preferably within walking distance (or an inexpensive taxi trip) from Old Trafford football stadium please?

Many thanks.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,501 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap B&B near Old Trafford football ground

Is this for a match day or not? If not, could you possibly consider anywhere on the tram network?

How cheap is cheap?

Dublin
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap B&B near Old Trafford football ground

Thanks for your reply.

No it's not a match day, it's the day before match day. No the tram network wouldn't really work, the purpose of the trip is for a night time event/party and so it would be after midnight when we'd be leaving Old Trafford and I imagine the trams would have stopped by then?

Looking for something in the £50 a night bracket, don't mind if breakfast is not included for that.

My husband's friend seems to think The Trafford pub at the start of Sir Matt Busby Way has rooms above it but I can't see anything about it online...would you know anything about this?

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap B&B near Old Trafford football ground

The Trafford Hall Hotel on Talbot Road, Old Trafford just by Trafford Bar Metrolink Tram Station is a 2 star B & B that is generally pretty cheap: on average rooms are around £30 - 50 per night though this obviously depends on bookings/ match dates etc. They have en suite rooms, do breakfast and have a small bar plus have tea/coffee facilities in the rooms.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,501 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap B&B near Old Trafford football ground

Last tram on the network is about 1230 or so on Friday and Saturday nights, earlier all other nights so (as you say) probably no good.

There are various hotels in the Salford Quays area which may come in on budget, but the fact that it is just before a match day will not work in your favour.

I'm sorry, I have no knowledge of them really, as I live 4 miles down the road and never stay in the area, but there appear to be ibis, Travelodge, HI express etc. on a search:

http://tinyurl.com/lqqskla

Just be careful you know exactly where the hotel is. I have a feeling that some of them may not be as near to OT as they make out.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 18:02
La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap B&B near Old Trafford football ground

Forgot to say that the Trafford Hall Hotel is a short walk from the United Ground.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
312 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap B&B near Old Trafford football ground

Have a look at the Ibis on Trafford Road, may get a good rate for a non-match day and it's within easy walking distance (can't hurt to look)

Manchester
Level Contributor
401 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap B&B near Old Trafford football ground

Trafford Hall is not a bad budget hotel but you will probably be better looking at Salford Quays as you will have a lot more choice and more things to do at night.

The Trafford Hall is not exactly in the nicest of areas, it is not rough or anything just not much there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap B&B near Old Trafford football ground

Maybe this could help: theworksaparthotel.com/hotels-manchester/hot…

9. Re: Cheap B&B near Old Trafford football ground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 05:18