We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday night city centre entertainment for 17 year old

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Friday night city centre entertainment for 17 year old

I'm coming up tomorrow with my seventeen year old son to look at Manchester University on Saturday, have a room booked at Britannia Hotel. Any suggestions for Friday night entertainment ? We like Indian food, so have plenty of choice there, but wondered if there was comedy club or similar that's doesn't have an 18+ policy ( or at least might let us in without ID check :-)

Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday night city centre entertainment for 17 year old

I suppose it depends if he looks 18 ? I do know it has an 18 policy ,but if he's with you I,m sure you can blag you're way in.

The academy at the Uni has loads of live bands,he will get in there.

Look at the loads of threads on Indian restaurants ,Zouk is on its way to the University ,v good .

Best of luck enjoy.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday night city centre entertainment for 17 year old

try the comedy club here

www.manchesterbars.com/frogandbucket.htm

and maybe take a cab to rusholme village or curry mile as they call it!

give the frog n bucket a ring before you come and ask them about their door policy!

but I'm sure he'll be ok

Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friday night city centre entertainment for 17 year old

I hope he is ,enjoy .

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,934 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Friday night city centre entertainment for 17 year old

I see no-one has commented on your choice of hotel...Bit late now, but hope it wasn't too horrific!

Most gigs at the academy/Ritz etc are for 14+, whether he would go in with you is of course a totally different matter...

F&B should be OK I think, go for the curry as well!

5. Re: Friday night city centre entertainment for 17 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:19