We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best way to make use of the Metro Shuttle?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What's the best way to make use of the Metro Shuttle?

Hi,

What's the best route to create my own "hop on, hop off" tour? I'm thinking of starting the day with breakfast at San Carlo Cicchetti.

Manc_Brel
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best way to make use of the Metro Shuttle?

I wouldn't really plan a day around the Metro Shuttle bus. We just tend to jump on if it's passing, and then often jump straight off again because walking is quicker. It's used more to get people to/from the train and bus stations, and into town. Manchester is a compact city.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,026 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best way to make use of the Metro Shuttle?

"What's the best route to create my own "hop on, hop off" tour?"

Hop on, hop off tour of where?

What sights do you want to see?

Manchester city centre doesn't really have "sights" like London, Paris or New York and is tiny compared to what you are probably expecting.

Why not just walk!?

Or just buy a day pass and travel around on the Metro tram if you want to travel in style! ;-)

Edited: 26 November 2013, 20:44
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,547 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best way to make use of the Metro Shuttle?

Manchester city centre is quite compact; you can walk from one side of it to the opposite side in max 20 mins. For this reason it's not worth attempting to use the excellent Metro Shuttle as a hop-on-hop-off service.

It will be useful for you to have maps of the route handy and become familiar with them; but most of the time just walk. If you happen to be in a location near a Metro Shuttle bus stop and you wish to go to another part of the city 10+ mins away that's on the Shuttle route, then it's worth waiting for the next bus; otherwise walk.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the best way to make use of the Metro Shuttle?

hmm... i used google maps to search for Mark Addy and it looks far from Manchester Arndale mall... how long will it take me to walk there?

i've actually set aside 1 whole day in Manchester doing random things, therefore wanted to hop on & off randomly to soak it in

Edited: 27 November 2013, 01:24
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the best way to make use of the Metro Shuttle?

never mind my question about Mark Addy... google maps says 12 mins.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the best way to make use of the Metro Shuttle?

I would be very surprised if it took that long.

I find Google tends to be extremely conservative when posting timings.

If you are at least reasonably fit, you should take less time walking.

If you really want to grab the Metroshuttle, you can jump on/off at the train station close to Mark Addy.

Hope this helps some.

7. Re: What's the best way to make use of the Metro Shuttle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 05:16