We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

Linden, New Jersey
3 posts
Save Topic
Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

Hi...I've never been to a football game and will be visiting England next spring and would love to go to a game.

How difficult is it to get good tickets? And about how much should I be paying for them? (Just trying to get an idea.)

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,269 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

Manchester City (great result over Arsenal) and Liverpool (wonderful result over Spurs today) are the hot tickets in town. And, dare I say Everton (great result against Fulham)!

Forget Man Utd.

You won't get tickets for any Liverpool or Man City games, unless you try Thomas Cook Sports or some of the hospitality packages they offer.

Try and get a ticket for an Everton game. But they are selling out too!

Man United? Forget them. So last year! ;-p

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

" (I'm willing to pay 50-75 euro per ticket.) Of course I'm not expecting at all to see a Manchester/Liverpool game and if Manchester or the other team sucked, I wouldn't know."

You won't be able to pay in euros (the exchange rate would be terrible), in the UK we use pound sterling (GBP).

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
635 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

sata, city's epl games are pretty much all sold out. any empty seats are the result of speculaters trying to cash in on the viagogo ticket exchange.

leed77, please don't refer to un!ted as 'manchester'. it's annoying. especially as city had the prefix ten years before they did.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

If you give the dates when you are here, we can suggest some fixtures you might be able to get tickets to.

The Utd fans are no more "incredible" than any other team's in the EPL; in fact, the bigger the club, with more corporate hospitality tickets being sold to "neutrals" often the worse the atmosphere.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

P.S 50 "euros" = £40 ( £ being the currency you will use over here) is about the average price for an adult ticket in the EPL, so don't expect to find cheaper.

You might want to enquire on the Glasgow forum as to availability for Celtic home games - the quality of the football is not generally as good as the EPL, but the atmosphere is terrific.

Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

Not wanting to get into that childish argument again,please dont confuse the visitor ,where ever you go in the world United are MANCHESTER,the club probably contributes more revenue to the coffers of Manchester than any other single thing.

They may be in a transitional period currently but they are undeniably in the top 3 soccer clubs in the world.

Their original ground Bank St is less than a half mile from the Manchester City Council Stadium where Man City currently play as guests.

Games at most stadiums in England generate a great atmosphere but there is only one Old Trafford.

Best of luck.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

Hi, so in essence you just want to go to a football match and you have latched onto Manchester simply because they are the team that you have heard of.

Well it is easy to go to a football match in England, if you forget about most Premiership games

The next league down from the Premiership is the Championship and I would say that for most of these fixtures you can turn up and pay on the day

Here is the seasons fixtures

bbc.co.uk/sport/…fixtures

The atmosphere can be a bit more intense at times, some good teams, knowledgeable supporters and quite a few teams in this leaguewill have played in the Premiership.

Have a look at the fixtures, check dates and line up the available games against your itinerary and find out which ones you can get to.

Come back if you need to know more, but as a first experience of a football match there s a lot to be said about going to watch a Championship game.

Premiership is expensive and difficult

Championship less expensive and easy

Edited: 16 December 2013, 23:28
Linden, New Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your input. I realize I picked a team based on status and I know all that comes with that. (I am a New York Yankee fan and I hear it all the time.) Reading the comments made me realize that while Manchester United is probably the equivalent, it doesn't mean I can't have a great experience seeing another team as well. I'm going to look at the sites suggested for getting tickets.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
635 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

so, johnwilky, i'm 'childish' for pointing out a fact and then you go and throw in one of your typical uneducated un!ted fan jibes. manchester city are not guests at etihad stadium, they have a 200 year lease on the ground, have spent a considerable amount of money on it themselves and are spending an even greater amount of it's own money to further increase capacity.

furthermore, there isn't one old trafford - there are TWO, and the cricket ground came FIRST. so, apart from being second to the name manchester, you also nicked the ground name AND the nickname (from salford rugby).

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Difficulty getting Manchester United tickets?

Ding! Ding! Seconds away, Round Three ....

Edited: 18 December 2013, 11:44