We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Manchester Coach Station to Old Trafford

Stuttgart
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting from Manchester Coach Station to Old Trafford

Arriving in manchester via National Express into the Manchester Coach Station.

Can someone advise the most economical way to get to Old Trafford?

Also, I will be having a backpack during the tour. I hope that is all right?

I have a evening National Express bus to catch as well, I suppose Manchester City Centre is walkable to the Coach Station?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
10,494 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Manchester Coach Station to Old Trafford

Best to walk to Piccadilly gardens from the coach station on Chorlton Street and get the metro link towards Altrincham to old Trafford station. The ground is about 5-10min walk from the station - it's signed posted but come off the tram, cross to the other side, go along the side of the cricket ground, cross the road and keep walking straight on along Warwick road, it's hard to miss!!

Are you going to the stadium tour? I'm sure a backpack will be fine so long as it's not huge. Or there might be left luggage at the coach station?

http://www.metrolink.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Manchester Coach Station to Old Trafford

Also look at www.tfgm.com which has all the transport info you need.

The 250 bus is also a good option. Get that from Piccadilly gardens, two minutes from national express coach station. The bus almost passes Old Trafford. Bus is probably the most economical too. Get a day ticket.

Edited: 28 December 2013, 23:49
North West England...
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Manchester Coach Station to Old Trafford

I'll just add that you can also catch The #X50 bus from the same stop as The #250 bus in Piccadilly Gardens, they both go to Old Trafford. A £4.00 Dayranger ticket on those buses will take care of your bus fares. The #250 stops near The North Stand at Old Trafford and The #X50 stops close to The Premier Inn Hotel.

If you have the time, The National Football Museum is in Manchester City Centre, it's free and worth a visit.

Edited: 29 December 2013, 00:08
Stuttgart
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Manchester Coach Station to Old Trafford

thanks all.

I will going tomorrow (a Sunday). i suppose the bus services #X50 and 250 work as well?

can I buy the day ticket on the bus?

Edited: 29 December 2013, 00:20
Stuttgart
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Manchester Coach Station to Old Trafford

I also read on the man utd website that 263 goes to Old Trafford as well.

which would be the recommended bus from Coach Station?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,810 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Manchester Coach Station to Old Trafford

Loads of buses go past, as it's on the main road between Manchester and Altrincham (A56). The 263 is one, which also goes from Piccadilly Gardens, but no quicker than the other alternatives.

Have a great stay in Manchester!

And, buy a return or day ticket on whichever method of transport you choose!

7. Re: Getting from Manchester Coach Station to Old Trafford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:18