We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tatton Park

Neverland
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Topic
Tatton Park

Let me know what you like and dislike about it.

Flying trip staying nearby and want to chill with 2 children.

Visiting relatives nearby but dont want to surprise them til about 7pm so need to be doing something cheap til then

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tatton Park

The Old Hall is really interesting with one room for each century of its history.

I also loved the opportunity to plane-spot as it is 3 miles from Manchester Airport, this may not appeal to all, there are some quieter areas though.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tatton Park

The gardens are fantastic and there's also a small working farm with hands-on exhibitions and things. Great for kids.

There's also a nice cafe and a pretty good shop (with stuff from the farm).

Finally, there's a really good adventure playground which the kids will enjoy.

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tatton Park

The gardens are nice - there's a maze and a Japanese garden. The grounds outside of the entry fee area are extensive with several lakes (meres) and again, are good for walking around. Most of the year there is a Carousel outside the cafe courtyard area, and the adventure playground is good for young children. If the weather is nice it's great - I can't remember the last time it rained and it's as hot here as the south coast at the moment (not quite as hot as London though)

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tatton Park

Gosh - went there about 10 years ago. Don't remember too much about it other than it was very pleasant. Our DS would've been about 2 - possibly younger - he seemed happy enough there too. Nice place to while away a couple of hours.

Neverland
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tatton Park

What great information thank you all loads,Manchester forum is up there with the Orlando one 10/10

BigDave,

Your plane spotting is ace idea was thinking the same. We are flying to Orlando from Bristol via Manchester in May and as the boys have never flown thought we might show them some big planes at Manchester airport. Whats the food like there? isnt there a chain eatery near Cheadle Hulme havent been there for about 10yrs!

NFMac , Girlmanc,Gilliganuk,

Sounds like Tatton will suit all of our family so will def. do keep the weather for us but not too hot.

Cheersx

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Newlyn, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tatton Park

Did you know there was a concorde at Manchester Airport? I know there is one at Bristol too (at Filton, I believe), but maybe the kids would like to see it.

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
7. Re: Tatton Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 03:18