We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

selfcontained accommodation south manchester

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
166 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
selfcontained accommodation south manchester

hi there...calling all experts in the northwest! we´re presently working and resident outside UK. we make very regular visits (approx 8 -10 times a year) to visit/help elderly family members. we´re not so young ourselves and find sitting in a restaurant/pub at the end of long days (days which have often been pretty stressful/harrowing) just exhausting. premier inns + similar cheapies abound...but they´re starting to get us down. anybody got any accommodation ideas within 20 miles of knutsford/manchester airport which is both reasonably priced and selfcontained? we do NOT require cooking facilities but use of fridge (poss microwave), sitting area, preferably garden or patio use. we need a bit of privacy and no raised eyebrows if we arrive with a takeaway! know loads of places that fit the description in other counties, but seem very thin on the ground and hugely expensive in cheshire. even a caravan (IF i could find one) is starting to look good! cheers + thx - J

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: selfcontained accommodation south manchester

Hi

Not sure what sort of budget your looking at. But I did a search online and found this www.oakfield-court.co.uk/

Obviously I can't vouch for them in terms of actually using their services, but it might be a starting point for you. It looks to be in a good location and reasonably priced and has good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
166 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: selfcontained accommodation south manchester

thankyou...that´s what we´re looking for. now we just have to find someone with minimum 2 night policy. you´ll notice they´ve only got one unit suitable for a couple at rental periods of less than one week. that is min 3 nights. but we are getting closer and ´this would be perfect for a long weekend. thx v much indeed for your help.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,234 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: selfcontained accommodation south manchester

They may take bookings of less than 3 nights if you were to make several bookings at the same time.

Oakfield Court is situated just off the A56 road more or less in the centre of Sale. Many takeaways and a few pubs within walking distance, as well as M&S, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Aldi, Boots, WH Smith etc eetc.

Despite its proximity to everything, it's a pretty quiet location, about 1 mile from the motorway network. If you have to travel to Knutsford(??), I guess it would be about 30-40 minutes outside rush hour.

If you do book there, come back with more questions. I live very close to it, but until I came on TA I never even realised it was an aparthotel - it's very understated, it just looks like a big house!

4. Re: selfcontained accommodation south manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 20:29
5. Re: selfcontained accommodation south manchester

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 20:29
6. Re: selfcontained accommodation south manchester

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 05:19