We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manchester airport to trafford centre

Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Topic
manchester airport to trafford centre

hi im travelling to manchester airport on friday 14th march and want to travel via bus/ train to the trafford centre area.

could somebody please advise me of bus/train number/ platform/ area of station at airport and also a rough price and an estimated travel time.

many thanks :)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: manchester airport to trafford centre

I think the most straightforward way is by bus. This is longer than train and bus, but you can go direct from the airport to the Trafford Centre without having to change. If you take the number 18 bus, it does take about 1hr 10 minutes or so. It's an Arriva North West bus. This bus only runs Monday to Friday. Look at www.tfgm.com for transport needs.

You can get a day ticket on the bus for £4.20. To use on Arriva buses only within Greater Manchester region. You can get an any bus day saver for £5.00.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: manchester airport to trafford centre

I agree that the #18 bus would be your best bet. The train and bus, or train, tram and bus would be more expensive and there would be little difference in the journey time.

BTW The #18 bus runs 7 days a week.

tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/18-Traff…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: manchester airport to trafford centre

I am going to Manchester in August of this year.

I want to know can I buy a daysaver ticket for train and tram and use it on the train from Manchester airport.?

It says Manchester airport is in the Greater Manchester boundary so I cant see why I cant.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: manchester airport to trafford centre

Prices etc here:

tfgm.com/journey_planning/Tickets/Pages/tick…

Note the time restrictions for trams and trains.

Alternatively, if your only planned train journey is from the airport, you could get a day ticket for the tram and instead get the tram from the airport. It is slower than the train, but that also depends on your final destination.

You are right, the airport station is (just) within the GM ticketing boundary;

tfgm.com/journey_planning/Documents/PDFMaps/…

Vienna, Austria
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: manchester airport to trafford centre

Hello,

please, i am going to manchester next month and i hope you help me with transportation.

I have booked hotel in Altricham, which is the best way to get to Old Trafford ?

If i will buy daysaver ticket for train and bus can i use northernrail and every bus?

thanks in advance,

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: manchester airport to trafford centre

Get the Metrolink tram. www.metrolink.co.uk/ direct tram from Altrincham to Old Trafford. You can get a day ticket on the tram for £5.00 if you travel after 9.30am M-F and can use it anytime at weekends. Also look at tram fares metrolink.co.uk/tickets/…Travelcards.aspx

You can also look at www.tfgm.com for all other transport within greater Manchester.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: manchester airport to trafford centre

I'm trying to work out why you mentioned the train. If you are wondering how to get to Altrincham from the airport, they are quite close to each other. The #18 bus will get you to your hotel, catch it in the airport transport interchange.

tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/18-Traff…

systemonetravelcards.co.uk/travelcards/detai…

8. Re: manchester airport to trafford centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2016, 07:15