We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salford The Lowry Theatre = Quays Theatre... or not?

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nantwich
Level Contributor
552 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Salford The Lowry Theatre = Quays Theatre... or not?

OK, my Mum just bought tickets for Brian Conley in April... she saw War Horse a while back and was under the impression that these tickets were for the same venue... but the tickets didn't say 'The Lowry' on them, they said 'Quays Theatre'... now, I know Manchester quite well, but not so much Salford... is this the same venue?

My Mum thanks you in advance for your advice... ;o)

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salford The Lowry Theatre = Quays Theatre... or not?

Its the same venue, but it has 3 auditoriums inside. The Lyric which is the main one, Quays which is smaller but still a proper theatre space and then the studio which is the smallest.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salford The Lowry Theatre = Quays Theatre... or not?

Don't worry it's still at the Lowry theatre.

The Lowry has a few different auditoriums. The biggest is the Lyric theatre then the quays theatre and the smallest is the studio.

Enjoy the show.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salford The Lowry Theatre = Quays Theatre... or not?

ID beat me to it. Almost word for word!!

nantwich
Level Contributor
552 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salford The Lowry Theatre = Quays Theatre... or not?

Aw, cheers guys, my Mum will be so relieved! It took me so long to explain how she would get to Salford Quays... she isn't great with directions to new places... ;o)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salford The Lowry Theatre = Quays Theatre... or not?

There are seating plans and pictures of all the Lowry's theatres on their website which might help your mum at:

thelowry.com/plan-your-visit/…

There is also a section on there "getting here" which may help with the directions (or could be confusing if you've got something across already).

Stockport
Level Contributor
83 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salford The Lowry Theatre = Quays Theatre... or not?

All the theatre are good at the lowry, I enjoyed the smaller one best, seeing a Dads army play there. And a a brilliant one man show about Alex Higgins.

Do not think you can beat the Royal exchange for theatre in the round.!!!!!

7. Re: Salford The Lowry Theatre = Quays Theatre... or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 04:24