We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upper brook street to parklife

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Upper brook street to parklife

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with getting from upper brook street to parklife which is in heaton park ? Thanks you x

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,458 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upper brook street to parklife

Get the number 50 bus towards Manchester, get off at St. Peter's Square stop, then get a Bury tram towards Heaton Park. I remember reading that sometimes they close one of the stations near Heaton Park for safety reasons when there's a big event on, but I can't remember which one. In any case, follow everyone else - you won't be alone...

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Upper brook street to parklife

Thank you very much!!! I've been worried about this for ages 👍

Where about do I get the 50 bus? From the travelodge on upper Brooke street ?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,458 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upper brook street to parklife

Cross Upper Brook St. Not sure which way the nearest stop is, but it will only be a couple of minutes walk either left or right. If you turn right, I know there is one just before the Grafton St lights, just past a pelican crossing.

In town, I think the nearest bus stop to St Peter's Sq may be about 100m before it, just past Portland St lights, where here is a Wetherspoons pub called the Paramount on the corner. Carry on walking in the same direction until you see the round building of Central Library, the tram you want goes from the track nearest the library. Or if you get off at the stop after, the bus turns right on to Mount St and stops outside a chapel, opposite the back of the round library building above.

Get your return ticket from the platform BEFORE you get on the tram.

If you come back late, because of the one-way system, you can't get the bus from across the road from where you got off. The 50 runs all night, along Princess St., which is the street you cross on the tram just before you get back into St Peter's Sq. Or there is a taxi rank (I think) at the Midland Hotel, just by St Peter's Square.

Edited: 27 March 2014, 22:21
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upper brook street to parklife

I happened to be driving through town when this event was on last year and the event had put on buses - from Miller Street outside the CIS Tower - I assume they did the same for the return journey as well.

A quick google comes up with this:

www.parklife.uk.com/info/id/6/Travel.html

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Upper brook street to parklife

The buses also depart from Platt Fields, not far from your hotel. I've copied and pasted this from the link.

THE PARKLIFE EXPRESS (operated by Big Green Coach)

THE FASTEST AND EASIEST WAY TO AND FROM PARKLIFE

- Buses Drop Off right inside festival site

- Direct buses from Platt Fields Park (Fallowfield) OR City Centre.

- Continuous Service from 09:00hrs to 17:00hrs - Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th June

- Return Service from Heaton Park to City Centre only 1830hrs - 0030hrs (So you can get to the after-parties).

- Limited Capacity, Reduced price early bird advance tickets:

- £10 weekend return.

Reduced price tickets only available in advance.

Festival goers wishing to purchase Return Parklife Express tickets at Heaton Park on exit of the event will only be able to purchase singles returning to the City Centre, these will cost £5

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upper brook street to parklife

Consider getting a cab if there's 4 or more people, shouldn't cost more than £12 from Upper Brook Street.

7. Re: Upper brook street to parklife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 05:16