We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reasonably cheap stay in Manchester

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Zurich, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Topic
reasonably cheap stay in Manchester

Hi all, we're 5 Swiss blokes, coming on a boys night out to Manchester. Starting May 16, staying 2 nights. It looks like all reasonable hotels are fully booked. Does anyone know a plan b? app. 70 quit a night. and we need 5 rooms.

Any help is highly appreciated. And yes, we're not the freshest fruits, so walking distance to citiy centre is welcome.

Erich

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,683 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reasonably cheap stay in Manchester

Have you tried surrounding areas which are easily accessible to the city centre by Metrolink? That might be your best option if the centre is full. Are you willing to share a twin room as that would also help your budget stretch further. The area around Salford Quays and Media City might be worth looking into, there's a couple of hotels in that area and it's only 10minutes or so into Manchester on the tram.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reasonably cheap stay in Manchester

I think the biggest problem is the fact you need 5 rooms. I presume no one is sharing. To be honest £70 a night is probably only possible if you get a twin room and share. Look at the many premier inns around Manchester. If you can't get one in the city centre, look for some that are on the Metrolink route. www.premierinn.com/en/manchester-hotels.html

Also look at www.tfgm.com for all your transport needs.

This is a good site for bars and clubs in Manchester. www.manchesterbars.com/

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reasonably cheap stay in Manchester

Have a look at the ibis hotels. You might get something nearer your budget. ibis.com/hotel-directory/gb/.../manchester/m…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,683 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reasonably cheap stay in Manchester

Sorry, had to take a call, back with time to look in detail now!....

Holiday Inn at Media City has 3 twin rooms (2 beds) for those nights at £112 per night if you're willing to share and £94 for a double room for the 5th person. It's 2minutes walk from the MediaCity tram stop.

Or Holiday Inn Express Salford Quays twin rooms for £100.99

There's a few Premier Inns showing availability within your price range if you're willing to have a twin room. Note that in these the second bed may be a pull out or sofa bed, I'm not sure they have 2 proper single beds like Holiday Inn do. (someone may be able to confirm this).

I can't find anything within that budget for a room each in the city centre. Be careful if you use websites like Expedia and check a map before you book! I've just seen hotels listed as "Manchester" which are miles out of town in the suburbs!

On Expedia the Copthorne Hotel Salford Quays is showing 5 rooms for 2 nights total price £776 (slightly over your £700 total) or £885 in the IBIS Princess Street, or £872 Ramada Salford Quays - those are the only ones that are anywhere near close to your budget and city centre (or easily accessible) without sharing a room.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,055 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reasonably cheap stay in Manchester

The two Premier Inns called "Central" and "Portland Street" have some availablility for what you want, but 5 rooms counts as a group booking which you can't do online. Prices could be near to your budget and those hotels are really well located in city centre.

You could book a split of 2 rooms at Central (the more expensive one) and 3 rooms at Portland St - as those hotels are only a 2-3 mins walk apart.

6. Re: reasonably cheap stay in Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 20:29
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reasonably cheap stay in Manchester

Hello!

On booking.com: Premier Inn Manchester City (Arena/Printworks). 3X twin rooms (provided 4 of you don't mind sharing) are available for £663 in total.

If you're struggling to find availability in the city centre, the Salford Quays area might be a good bet. The Metrolink is bit rubbish on a Friday night after midnight, with many trams not operating after 1am, so I wouldn't recommend staying anywhere that relies heavily on Metrolink transport if you want to go partying/clubbing/roller-laser-bubble-disco. Taxi fare to Salford Quays is quite reasonable from the city centre too.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reasonably cheap stay in Manchester

Try Ibis budget on Pollard Street, 5 mins walk into town. I went in November for 2 nights and it was £84 for 3 people in a room for the 2 nights. It is Manchester 10K that weekend so hotels might be getting booked up now with over 40,000 runners so I would book rather quickly.

9. Re: reasonably cheap stay in Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:16