We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

late night eating in Manchester centre

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
late night eating in Manchester centre

We are coming to Manchester and want to eat after a show on a Thursday night in June.

Can anyone recommend a good Thai / Chinese/Japanese restaurant close to the centre that is open late?

Thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
105 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: late night eating in Manchester centre

Hi

I can recommend Chaophraya in the city centre (chapel walks) - very decent. Website says it's open till 10.30pm but prob worth checking.

If you get stuck you could get a taxi to Rusholme where most Curry houses will be open late. I can't think of any Chines or Thai places down that way off the top of my head but there may be a couple.

UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: late night eating in Manchester centre

Thanks for your reply

need something about 11 pm for food at bit later than 10.30!

any ideas ?

china town ?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
105 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: late night eating in Manchester centre

Can't believe i forgot china town! I've been to the Great Wall quite a few years ago and it was good but can't vouch for it now. Google says its open till 11:45pm. I also just remembered about the Thai called Siam Orchard on Portland street - was good with nice service when i went last - should be open equally late. Hope this helps a bit.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: late night eating in Manchester centre

If you are after Thai in China Town, go to Try Thai. Amazing food, and the highest rated Thai in Manchester on tripadvisor.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: late night eating in Manchester centre

Second for Try Thai.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: late night eating in Manchester centre

Plenty of places in Chinatown open after 11

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: late night eating in Manchester centre

Yang Sing on Princess St in Chinatown is superb.

The Curry Mile is pretty dire these days - most of the curry houses have gone and been replaced with Middle Eastern cafes and shisha bars. Almost all places there are cafe style - so no table service, just order at the counter and sit at plastic table/chairs... Most don't have an alcohol licence either.

UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: late night eating in Manchester centre

Thanks for all the replies

We are now thinking of good bar food at about 11 after the show

any ideas?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: late night eating in Manchester centre

Australasia is open until midnight (restaurant) , bar (1am) and late lounge (1am) on Thursdays.

Reds True BBQ is open until 2am on Thursdays.

10. Re: late night eating in Manchester centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 07:16