We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Manchester UK

Auckland Region...
1 post
Save Topic
Visit to Manchester UK

Landing in Manchester at midnight. Seeking middle/low budget accommodation fairly central that will let me in at that time! Any suggestions? Thanks Linda

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Manchester UK

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the forums!

The Support Forum is for assistance using the site, how-to questions and technical support. For your question, you'd need to ask on the Manchester Forum. There are a multitude of forums on TripAdvisor and for destination-related questions, the members on those forums are most likely to be able to help. Here's the Manchester Forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g187069-i236-Manche…

and here's the main forum page:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ForumHome

Just a tip, when asking about hotels, it's helpful to state the approximate price and also in the currency of the destination.

Regards,

L4

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Manchester UK

Welcome to the forums, Linda and thanks for your helpful direction, Luckyfour! As L4 mentioned, your topic was initially misplaced in the TA Support forum. We have since moved it here to the Manchester forum where it belongs and where you will likely get the information you need. Thanks for participating and happy travels!

Best,

TA_Louise

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Manchester UK

If by central you mean in the city centre, the problem may be getting there. There are direct trains from the Airport station into the centre and some buses, but all services are very limited after midnight until say around 4am - services vary according to day of week, but you can find out what there is on

www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/journeyplanner/

It may be best to stay at one of the hotels around the airport, at least on the night of arrival. The Radisson Blu is connected by walkways, Bewleys is across the road. For any of the others you'd need transport - some offer shuttles (additional charge usually). Budget options nearby include three Premier Inns, Travelodge and Holiday inn Express - all bar one of the PI's are close together on the same road.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to Manchester UK

As you are arriving at midnight I would definitely find an airport hotel for your first night.

Radisson blu at the airport is the most convenient, as it's attached to the airport, although it can be expensive. You can get an advanced purchase deal for £75. If you book early enough. radissonblu.co.uk/hotel-manchesterairport/ I personally prefer to pay a little extra to stay here for the convenience. Plus some of the cheaper hotels are further away and require taxis. Which come at a cost.

Budget option would be Bewleys, which is still convenient just a short walk. They do run shuttle buses free of charge, which is a 24 hour service. www.bewleyshotels.com/manchester_airport you can get rooms for £65 roughly.

Other option very close with free shuttle buses are Hilton and Crowne Plaza.

Look at comparison sites for deals, but I find the hotels own websites are competitive.

Edited: 11 July 2014, 14:43
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to Manchester UK

If you do decide to head into the city, after midnight you'll need a taxi - expect to pay £25-30.

However, I'd take the advice above and stay in an airport hotel.

Edited: 11 July 2014, 16:15
6. Re: Visit to Manchester UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:16