We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long does a tram journey take from Eccles to Manchester?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How long does a tram journey take from Eccles to Manchester?

Please can anyone give me an idea of how long the tram journey takes from Eccles to Manchester? I am trying to work out travelling options to get to / from work.

I can see the timetable and frequency of the trams, but just don't know how long each journey takes.

Also, any ideas of prices are also welcome (although I am happy to research this online).

Thanks in advance.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,708 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long does a tram journey take from Eccles to Manchester?

Journey time around half an hour, depending on exact stops etc. Sorry, don't know the fares.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,411 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long does a tram journey take from Eccles to Manchester?

Try the Transport for Greater Manchester website for all your travel options, not just tram. The site includes a journey planner for door-to-door instructions.

http://www.tfgm.com/Pages/default.aspx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long does a tram journey take from Eccles to Manchester?

Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of the traveline site.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How long does a tram journey take from Eccles to Manchester?

Have a look at the #33 bus timetable, it may be a better alternative. As it runs on a direct route between Eccles and Manchester, I believe that for most of the day the bus is quicker than the tram .

tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/33.pdf

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long does a tram journey take from Eccles to Manchester?

Thank you that's great :-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How long does a tram journey take from Eccles to Manchester?

I think the tram journey is painfully slow because of all the stops. A better alternative is the train from Eccles station (the other end of Church Street in Eccles). It isn't as frequent as the tram but only takes about 5 minutes to Victoria station as there are no stops.

If you're commuting regularly then you should also think about cycling. It's pretty flat, if you go through Weaste the traffic isn't too bad and there are some bike paths (not perfect ones, I accept) and a bike ride from Eccles to any part of central Manchester takes about 25 minutes. I know it's not convenient for all but it is much, much quicker than any bus or tram or car journey. The train might beat it but that's only good if you work just near Victoria.

Good luck.

7. Re: How long does a tram journey take from Eccles to Manchester?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 06:16