We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location location location

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
paisley
Level Contributor
97 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Location location location

Coming down for Ant & Decs Takeaway at phones 4 u arena on Friday.

Can you tell me please, the Holiday Inn Express Debdale , Hyde Road, is this near where I am going?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location location location

Your hotel is a little bit out of town in east Manchester. There's lots of buses that go down Hyde road though and will take you into the city centre in 20 minutes. Look at www.tfgm.com for buses and all transport needs.

From Piccadilly you can walk from there in 10 to 15 minutes. Manchester City centre is all walkable.

2. Re: Location location location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 00:35
paisley
Level Contributor
97 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location location location

What appealed to me was the free parking :) well that and it was £56 for the night :)

I called the hotel and they said a bus was £4 return and available from outside the hotel.

Is it really not that easy?

4. Re: Location location location

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 21:28
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location location location

It's pretty straightforward. Get a day ticket which is £4.00. Buy from driver on the bus. Bus route 201 tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/201.pdf there are a couple of other buses. It should be a Stagecoach bus, that ticket is valid for any stagecoach bus.

paisley
Level Contributor
97 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location location location

That looks painless enough :)

Thank you everyone for your input x

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Location location location

Have a look at The Travelodge, it's a couple of minutes from the arena. They are advertising rooms at £56.00 for Friday night. There's plenty of very cheap parking next to the hotel, the hotel gets good reviews and it's a few minutes from the city centre.

travelodge.co.uk/hotels/524/Manchester-Centr…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187069-d2367…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Location location location

I wouldn't drive into the centre - parking in town is expensive and on a busy night with big events on it can be difficult to find a space so you might find yourself having to walk some distance anyway. Better to take the bus as advised above.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Location location location

Sorry, it doesn't make much sense to me. You're coming from Scotland, so you'll approach Manchester via The M61. You'll then have a 15 mile drive across Manchester to your hotel, longer if you use the M60. Add to that, a 30 minute bus trip back into Manchester City Centre and the same bus trip back to your hotel.

It may be too late now, but a hotel to the west of Manchester would have been far better.

10. Re: Location location location

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:16