We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

Has anyone else experienced the awful service provided by the cowboys that run car park manchester? We have just used the meet and greet service, which absolutely wasnt meet and greet and would like to know what others have experienced from this company...

29 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7,155 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

Other poor reviews can be found at:

yell.com/biz/…

Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

I have always used the official meet and greet service which has always been superb and still works out slightly cheaper than taxis (to Mcr city centre).

england
Level Contributor
114 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

Just experienced meet and greet, more like wait and wait and more waiting. Very poor service, we booked the meet n greet for quickness, not to wait over an hour for our car to be returned. Will not be using this company again.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

Totally agree with AJR2012, always used the official meet & greet service.excellent service and prices are competitive too.Not worth bothering to look elsewhere.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7,155 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

Not the car park, but the Hall itself featured in the local paper at the end of last year - I don't know if it is the same people running both:

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-man…

West Midlands
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

I totally agree with you. We used them in July/August - cowboys is not the word for them! They brought my car back with mud all over it and caused damage to the vehicle. They initially pretended to sort it out and have now gone silent to my emails.

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

I used this company in June 2016. They arrived 25 minutes late to pick up our car on 18/6/16 and we had to drive around by airport security until they arrived. The young man collecting our car only had my name and no other details. I handed my car keys over with grave concern hoping it would still be there when we came back. We returned at 1.30am on Sunday 26th June 2016 and after repeatedly calling the office were informed the car would be there in 30 minutes. This went on till 5am when I met their driver called Sani and asked him to intervene as by now my calls were being rejected. In total I made 128 calls to their number 07702 908989. Sani informed us our car keys could not be found and he put us in a pre-paid taxi to Birmingham. We arrived home at 7.15am. I made further calls to enquire about my car and was told a key would have to be cut and could not be done until Monday morning. I informed various different people (Tom, Faisal and Ali amongst a few names) that I would have to go to work and they all told me I could claim taxi fare provided I had receipts. I was without my car until 8.45pm on Monday 27th June. This company did the same many people on the same day. DO NOT USE THIS FIRM EVER!!!!! I am still awaiting a refund for the original charges and a reimbursement of my taxi fares. I was without a vehicle for 2 whole days and had no other means to get about. This is the last thing I needed after a relaxing week away.

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham
Birmingham
West Midlands, UK
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

I have indeed experienced their truly awful service. Late on Sunday evening I arrived back into Manchester Airport ( at the scheduled time ) with my family, collected our luggage and called as soon as we had cleared customs to let them know we were ready for the car to be brought to us. I was told that it would be a maximum of 15 to 20 minutes.

After half an hour I called to see where it was and was told it was two minutes away. Ten minutes later I called again and was told that our car had been blocked in by ten others which had to be moved. I questioned why that was the case, when they knew when we were due to arrive - silence and then a promise it was almost with us. Just over 45 minutes after my first call it finally arrived.

I dropped them an email yesterday to register my dissatisfaction and got an apologetic response straight from the "blue book of excuses" along with an offer of 25% off my next visit. Frankly I wouldn't use them if they paid me !

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

Hi all, after some digging, I have found that Car Park Manchester is owned by the Khan family who have also been trading as the Davenport Green Hall Ltd, Haslington Hall Restaurant Ltd, as well as Eat, Meet and Greet Ltd. All these businesses (some are now no longer trading) are all registered to Haslington Hall, Holmshaw Lane, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 5TJ. This family are con merchants and don't give a damn about people. Read reviews on each of these businesses and you'll find the same results. Keep well away!

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Haslington Hall
Haslington Hall
60 Reviews
Crewe, UK
Crewe
Crewe
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire
Cheshire
England, UK
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,004 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)

I walk in the area quite a bit. In August there were loads of cars parked nose to tail on the top of Brooks Drive, an unmade road/public footpath, presumably because the area they use for parking was full. The cars were covered in a layer of grime, and every one had an A4 sheet of paper with a time and date of return on it.

I'm not sure if this is included in the list above, but they have also attempted to operate a wedding reception business from the same site.

messengernewspapers.co.uk/news/…

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-man…

Reply to: car park manchester airport (Davenport Green Hall)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted