We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Bars in Manchester close to Resturant Bar & Grill

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Harrogate,England
7 posts
Save Topic
Help with Bars in Manchester close to Resturant Bar & Grill

7 of us are in Manchester this weekend and have a table booked at Restaurant Bar & Grill. I've looked on the internet for good bars to go to but no idea how far they are from the restaurant as we dont want to be spending all night walking round the streets of Manchester so if anyone can give some advice of some nice classy/trendy bars/club not too far for girls with heels that'd be fab

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Bars in Manchester close to Resturant Bar & Grill

Underneath the Restaurant is a bar/club called Panacea. It's the trendiest (and probably most expensive) bar in Manchester. A real footballer's hang-out. Very hard to get into and probably only busy later in the evening so you may want to leave it until after your meal.

The place you're actually going has a very nice and lively bar on the ground floor and then the restaurant upstairs. It definitely feels like a different place so it might be a good idea to simply meet there before going upstairs for the meal.

Other than that...in the immediate vicinity you've only really got pubs to choose from. You've got the Ape and Apple (grotty Old Man's pub), Sawyer's Arm (pretty big pub...OK), Hogshead (an OK chain pub/bar) and Mulligan's (very good Irish pub that gets a surprisingly large number of 'trendy' people starting their nights there before going on). You've also got the Fantasty Strip Bar but I don't that will be on your list of 'must visits'.

A bit of a further walk (but still not too far, perhaps five-ten minutes) is the Living Room. This again is one of the trendier places in town (it was the trendiest a few years ago until Panacea opened but is still busy). There are a couple of other bars (RSVP, Label) next door to Living Room so that might be a good place to start the evening. There's also a trendy looking place called Prohibition in the side street next to Kendal's. Never been in myself but it always seems busy.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Bars in Manchester close to Resturant Bar & Grill

The best blngy bar and footballers hang-out in Manchester is right downstairs directly under the Restaurant Bar & Grill.

Panacea is the bars name. Can be hard to get into, and you'll need to dress to impress. Very good place though and probably best bar in Manchester at the moment IMHO.

Harrogate,England
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Bars in Manchester close to Resturant Bar & Grill

Coolio thank for that. Looks like we might need to get the bling out then!!

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Bars in Manchester close to Resturant Bar & Grill

Panacea is the place where Wayne Rooney punched that Blackburn Rovers player the other week for suggesting a threesome with Coleen. Allegedly!

I don't think it's owned by the same people who own the Restaurant but I bet it would be worth speaking to the manager there to see if they can get you on the guest list. Couldn't do any harm.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Bars in Manchester close to Resturant Bar & Grill

Panacea is the place where Wayne Rooney punched that Blackburn Rovers player the other week for suggesting a threesome with Coleen. Allegedly!

I don't think it's owned by the same people who own the Restaurant but I bet it would be worth speaking to the manager there to see if they can get you on the guest list. Couldn't do any harm.

6. Re: Help with Bars in Manchester close to Resturant Bar & Grill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 23:19