We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Printworks.....

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Douglas, IOM
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Printworks.....

I have not been to Manchester for a while now, but the last time I was there we went to a crackin club in the Printworks called Lucid. I was just wondering if it is still there? or if not, has it been replaced with something bigger and better?

Cheers - thanks in advance ofr all the replies.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Printworks.....

I think it went out of business about 12 months ago...but...something else has replaced it and reopened a couple of weeks ago (I think) in time for all the new students.

Can't remember the name of the new place, I'm afraid.

When it was Lucid I remember saying that it was so big that if it wasn't busy then the atmosphere was poor. No idea what the new place have done to address that issue.

Douglas, IOM
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Printworks.....

Thanks NFMac

I have found something that is called Pure on the internet and this seems to be in the same place - no doubt we'll have a look anyway.

Cheers

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Printworks.....

I'm pretty sure that I saw an advert for something called Pure when I passed the Printworks last Saturday. I wondered what it was or what it meant that's why it has stuck in my mind.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Printworks.....

Hi

Been to Pure a couple of times and it is the same place that used to be Lucid. Its really good, and not that different to Lucid to be honest, same sort of crowd.

Douglas, IOM
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Printworks.....

Hi Bax52,

Cheers for the reply - what time have we got to get there to avoid a rediculas que? When it was Lucid, I used to waste half of my night stood outside waiting to get in.

Cheers

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Printworks.....

Hi

I hate queuing too, so I tend to get in clubs on the early side. I think any time from 11.30pm onward will see queue's forming. 12pm onward will be murder I would guess.

You can buy tickets online for the club at www.puremanchester.com which should let you queue jump or you can go for a drink or three in the clubs bar called Pure Magic next door. www.puremagicbar.com

I think you can gain priority access from this Bar into the club from 11.30'ish onward. They are also dishing out fliers for drinks and reduced price entry in this bar from 9.30 onward. Pure Magic is a pretty cool bar, and gets busy with lots of nice things to look at !!

Douglas, IOM
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Printworks.....

Top man Bax - thanks very much for your help.

Cheers

P.S. Anymore top clubs you could recommend to us whilst we are in town then?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Printworks.....

Prefer bars to be honest. I tend to go to Panacea most of the time. Totally different kind of place to Pure. Very cool place though. On John Dalton St under The Restaurant Bar & Grill.

You might want to try the bars at the other end of Deansgate at Deansgate Locks. Always something to suit all tastes down there and gets very busy.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Printworks.....

Forgot to mention The Waehouse Project to you. Its brand new and in the Old Brewary at Strangeways, near to the MEN arena and Victoria Station. Its a massive warehouse superclub. Supposed to be brilliant but I havent been yet. Public Enemy opened it last week so if thats anything to go by it could be the place your looking for HipHop.

Check it out www.thewarehouseproject.com

Cheltenham
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Printworks.....

I agree, bar next door to Pure is pretty cool...

The bar tenders are magicians and the athmosphere is great!

The club itself is big...nothing different from Lucid...