We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Level Contributor
154 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

I am going to Manchester in November for the first time. I booked Travel lodge Ancoats but after seeing a programme last night about travel lodges I am now worried about not getting a room when i get there. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced clean central hotel in Manchester.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

I saw the same programme and I have to say I hate Watchdog. Focussing on one or two complaints out of thousands of satisfied customers gives a very squewed perspective.

I've replied to another of your posts so I know you're coming for the football and flying to Manchester Airport...

As such, there are three budget hotels not far from Oxford Road station on Portland Street (Ibis, Novotel and the Travel Inn). You can get trains from the airport straight to Oxford Road.

All perfectly OK but in great locations (practically in Chinatown with loads of bars and restaurants on your doorstep). They're also very close to St Peter's Square tram station which serves Old Trafford by either the Altrincham or Eccles trams.

Having said that, Ancoats is a good choice as there are loads of good pubs and bars and restaurants in the Northern Quarter and you're not too far from the tram stops either.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Must admit I have stayed in the Travel Lodge a couple of time and have found that at the weekend it attracts lots of groups which can be very rowdy in the early hours of the morning since then I have stayed at the premier travel inn which I belive there are several in Manchester and have had a great nights sleep at the same reasonable price at the travel inn !

3. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 04:19