We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau-Chinon (Burgundy--not Loire)

Atlanta
5 posts
Save Topic
Chateau-Chinon (Burgundy--not Loire)

It would be helpful to receive any information or guidance on the village of Chateau-Chinon--places to stay, eat, things to see and do (or not do) in the village and surroundings, particularly interesting people who choose to live there, history, etc.

Please note this is the small village in Burgundy, between Autun and Nevers, though it's often confused with the more notable Chinon in the Loire Valley (per "Lion in Winter").

Many thanks.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
342 reviews
from US$60.93*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,253 reviews
from US$106.01*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Palace of Versailles...
496 reviews
from US$304.64*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
533 reviews
from US$43.87*
1. Re: Chateau-Chinon (Burgundy--not Loire)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 December 2015, 23:25
Atlanta
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateau-Chinon (Burgundy--not Loire)

Thanks very much -- I'll check the links, etc.

Best, JDN

Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chateau-Chinon (Burgundy--not Loire)

I was there in May a year ago.

The town promotes itself as the capital / centre of the Morvan National Park so I allocated time to stay. I found the town similar to hundreds in France, nice enough place, but with little to make it stand out as a main town. It was very quiet, a number of properties seemed to be holiday homes. In the afternoon I drove on.

The area is very rural and pretty in parts so would be good for walking etc

As Diz rightly says there are some other towns to see. Vezelay, perched on a hill, is an hour away and the larger town of Autun with all facilities is half an hour.

Hope it's your kind of town

The Tyke

4. Re: Chateau-Chinon (Burgundy--not Loire)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 15:20