We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains - Barcelona to Biarritz. HELP!

Wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trains - Barcelona to Biarritz. HELP!

I'm trying to book train tickets to biarritz from barcelona and having no luck. Do you have to book separate tickets to several stations or is it possible to get one that covers the cost of all the trains from Barca to Biarritz. If it is the case and you have to book seperate tickets, does anyone know which is the quickest route? Thanks.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
490 reviews
from US$73.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
884 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains - Barcelona to Biarritz. HELP!

From what I can see you have three choices for train travel from BCN to Biarritz, none of which are very attractive.

1/ Barcelona - Zaragoza }

Zaragoza - Irun } Approx 7 hours

Irun - Biarritz }

2/ Barcelona - San Sebastian }

San Sebastian - Hendaye } Approx 8 hours

Hendaye - Biarritz )

3/ Barcelona - Perpignan } Not sure of time

Perpignan - Biarritz }

visit www.snfc.com (French rail) and www.renfe.com (Spanish rail)

Your other option is to fly from BCN to Bordeaux. Bordeaux to Biarritz approx 120 miles. Other posters here may have a better idea.

Dublin
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains - Barcelona to Biarritz. HELP!

hello! i'm also trying to get from barcelona to biarritz and from what i can see, the barcelona to irun and irun to biarritz by train is the best option! However i was wondering how much this would cost, does anyone have any ideas? much appreciated!

Wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains - Barcelona to Biarritz. HELP!

Thanks alot for the information. Your right the journey doesnt seem attractive. I'm not thinking of hitchhiking now as it may be a better experince. Thanks, Craig.

Wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains - Barcelona to Biarritz. HELP!

that probably didn't make sense, I meant to say I'm thinking of hitchhiking....

5. Re: Trains - Barcelona to Biarritz. HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 08:21