We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marseille to Arles by train

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
820 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
marseille to Arles by train

I have searched the forum, but have not found an answer to my question.

I arrive at the Marseille airport and have already bought a train ticket from the Marseille airport to Arles. Is there a station near the airport rather than taking a shuttle to the main station? (My ticket is for the Marseilles airport train station to Arles).

How far is it from the airport to the old port if I wanted to leave my luggage at the airport and go see Marseille for a few hours before I go to Arles?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
489 reviews
from US$73.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
584 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.10*
US$335.60
Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marseille to Arles by train

Jane

What have you found out on this topic? Have you done your traveling yet? I too want to go from the Marseilles airport directly to Arles. At the www.mrsairport.com airport website it looks like a 5 min. shuttle bus to the airport train station where one can go from there directly to Arles without going into the main Marseills train station. Any info on this will be appreciated.

Sue

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marseille to Arles by train

The ticket you have includes the bus transfer to Vitrolles Aeroport Marseille Provence station (to give it its fll name). This is a small, basic but recently rebuilt station. The transfer bus, which has lots of room for luggage, leaves the airport just in time to connect with trains. In common with much of France the rail service is not regular, at times there are gaps of a couple of hours. The full timetable is given on the Marseille Aeroport website.

If you coincide with one of these gaps, you could get the express shuttle to Marseille St Charles station but you probably would not have much more time than to buy your tickets back to Vitrolles on the train that you would have caught anyway.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
820 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marseille to Arles by train

The ticket I bought is transferable and I think I am going to go from the airport to the main station in order to get an earlier train to Arles. I arrive at 2:15 and the train from the airport station is not until 6:30 and I want to get there earlier. Do you think that is possible?

Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: marseille to Arles by train

What does anyone know about a bus from the Marseilles airport direct to Arles? It seems the train (I also arrive at the MRS airport at 2:15 p.m.)is not as convenient as I would wish.

Thanks for any info.

Sue

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
820 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marseille to Arles by train

Hi letsgosue,

I am on the Paris to MRS flight this Sat July 11. Are you flying in that day? Maybe we could figure it out together.

Jane

Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: marseille to Arles by train

Jane

Sorry but we are not traveling until October! I had also thought of asking if anyone else is arriving on the same day. We arrive in MRS on Thursday Oct 15th. Our B&B will pick us up (and up to 3 people)but that would be 70 euro (less than a taxi according to them) but I hate to pay that much.

I would appreciate hearing your experience with the train when you return.

Bon Voyage!!

Sue

7. Re: marseille to Arles by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 16:14
8. Re: marseille to Arles by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 16:14
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
820 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: marseille to Arles by train

When I look at the train schedule for Saturday, it looks like I have to wait until after 6pm to get a train because the schedule is limited on Sat. I'll check when I get there.

Sue, I'll let you know how it goes!

Jane

Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: marseille to Arles by train

Jane

Just wondering if you have returned from France yet? Hope you had a wonderful trip and would enjoy info on Arles and nearby. Let me know about your train trip from the MRS airport to Arles.

Sue