We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Paris, Normandy and London

Orange County, CA
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with Paris, Normandy and London

Hi all,

My fiance and I are going to France for our Honeymoon at the end of December. We will be staying there 9 nights and have the first 3 nights and the last night booked at the Hilton in Paris. We would like to visit Normandy and Mt. Saint Michel-- maybe staying 2 nights at a beautiful chateu somewhere near by (we will be renting a car) and we would also like to spend 2 nights in London. Any advice on where to stay and how to set up the rest of the trip? Does it matter if we do Normandy first or London first. I have done a ton of reserch and am just a bit overwhelmed! Any help you can provide would be wonderful!

Thanks

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Paris, Normandy and London

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can tell you what the December weather conditions are like in Normandy and Mont st Michel - It may not be the perfect time to visit the area, but I really don't know;it may be a good time to visit. There is a wonderful Chateau hotel outside of Bayeux in Normandy; Chateau D'Audrieu - audrieu@relaischateaux.com

The order of the trip is really up to you but time wise it may be better to do France then go to London and fly home from there

jhg

kansas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Paris, Normandy and London

Just got back from 8 days in Paris and 2 day London trip sandwiched in. We took Eurostar train from Paris to London and back through the Chunnel. It worked out great. You leave Paris from Gard de Nord station and arrive in London at St. Pancras - both very accessable from anywhere in both cities. Train trip is 2 hr 15 minutes. Ticket costs vary with day of the week and time of day but are easy to book on-line. Go with the cheapest fare - seating is comfortable and the trip is short.

We stayed at a nice hotel in the West End of London. Radisson Edwardian-Bloomsbury. It is close to the theatre district, SoHo, Trafalgar Square, and lots of other sites. Small, newly renovated, boutique hotel. Ask for a corner room so you can have the bay windows.

sussex UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Paris, Normandy and London

The weather in Normandy in December is likely to be damp and fairly cold - like London! Look at Relais et Chateaux hotels, if your budget is quite big. Bayeux is an excellent place to be based, nr. Mont St Michel and other interesting places. There are some nice hotels in the town as well.

In London, depending on budget, look at the Cadogan Hotel, the Knightsbridge Hotel,(both near some of the best shopping areas as well as 2 good museums) The Goring (nr Buckingham Palace) and the Intercontinental on Park Lane. For less expensive: try the South Kensington area - safe, residential and quite central. For top priced among the very best are Claridges, The Dorchester, The Mandarin-Oriental Hyde Park. Good luck with driving out of Paris! I would start in London, take the Eurostar to Paris and then drive from the outskirts to Normandy.

Hope you have a great honeymoon and enjoy London and France.

4. Re: Help with Paris, Normandy and London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 06:18