We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternatives to Trafalgar, Cosmos, etc in France

Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alternatives to Trafalgar, Cosmos, etc in France

Hi all and apologies if this has been asked and answered...

I am looking at doing a trip to the UK & France in August next year and would like to do an organised tour of France to try and get as much value as I can out of a short period of time. There are a couple of tours through companies like Trafalgar and Cosmos that look nice and are decent prices but I'm interested to know if there are any good alternatives.

I have been learning French (I am still only at the beginner level) and would be using this trip to practice what I've learnt. I'll most likely be travelling on my own and am in my early 30s. My preferences would be:

- smaller groups if possible but am not into hostelling it or share-type accommodations.

- a company that does enjoy a bit of the nightlife although I am not a fan of Contiki or Top Deck or those "party bus" type tours.

Finally, I'm allergic to wine so there's not much point in doing those wine tours...

Thanks in advance everyone :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternatives to Trafalgar, Cosmos, etc in France

Picked up this brochure at Flight Centre so they`re organizable from Australia. Have been mentioned on the UK TA favourably. Supposed to be smaller numbers with more central accommodation than the better known operators.

http://www.backroadstouring.com.au/

Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternatives to Trafalgar, Cosmos, etc in France

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have seen them online but they're a little out of my price range :(

3. Re: Alternatives to Trafalgar, Cosmos, etc in France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2011, 05:16