Me and my husband are planning on making a 2 week trip from April 30th - May 15th to France and spend last 4 days in Spain for our 4 year anniversary. We are flying in Paris and flying out of Barcelona. Our plan is to spend 4 -5 nights in Paris and then rent a car and drive down to south of France and then take a train or fly to Barcelona.
We need help planning our drive to South of France and what places to stay. We both love to see the beautiful country side, historical small towns with great culture. We also want to visit a vineyard. We both enjoy good food, good music and a great view.
We are planning on staying 6 nights in South of France. Right now, we are thinking from Paris we drive down to Avignon and spend 3 nights there and then 3 night in Nice.
1. Do you think we should stay in Marseille or Montpellier instead of Nice or Avignon ? Which places do you suggest to visit, which gives the best of South of France ?
2. Can you suggest good places to visit on our drive down to South of France? Like good food and any historic place to visit or a place where we can stop during our drive ?
3. Can you guys suggest any good activities or towns which we can visit in our 6 night trip in South of France ?
4. We both love white wine. Riesling is our favorite. Any suggestions to any vineyard with good wine ?
5. Is it better/cheaper to fly or take train to Barcelona ?
6. I know there is a lot to do in Paris, but would be great to hear your suggestions on what to do.
7. Lastly what should I keep in mind for my travel to France ? If I missed asking anything and if you want to suggest or advise something about the trip please do.
I appreciate all you all for any input in advance. Thanks for reading my question.