We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from CDG to Cassis

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
408 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
travel from CDG to Cassis

We (party of 6) are traveling from Athens to CDG (landing at 11:55 a.m. on Sat, 5/28) and then heading to Cassis for a week. Options are:

1. Auto. Our plan was to pick up a minivan and drive to Provence, since we wanted a van for the week anyway. Looks like we'd be lucky to arrive at our apartment around 10-11 p.m.

2. Train. Best timing leaves at 1:52 p.m., a little tight on the layover for my nerves(just under 2 hours). The later train is safer on time, but the car rental places all seem to be closed when we would arrive (8-9 p.m.).

3. Fly. We'd have to transfer to Orly for the flight (BIG difference in flight costs renders flight from CDG cost prohibitive). Orly to Marseilles flight at 4:30 pm arrives at 5:45 p.m and we'd have about an hour drive to our apartment.

Anyone have any experience with these options? Alternate suggestions?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from CDG to Cassis

I am assuming the 13:52 train leaves from CDG, not Paris. Since you are coming from Athens you won't have any immigration or customs checks when you deplane so the two hour connection to a TGV should not be a problem *IF* your flight is on time. That would be the option I would choose.

You do know to use www.tgv-europe.com or www.voyages-sncf.com and definitely NOT RailEurope to book your train tickets, yes? Check the T&Cs of any tickets you are looking at before you book. The elast expensive tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged.

The flight from ORY to MRS would be my second choice and driving would be third by quite a long way. That's just a really long and mostly not terribly inspiring drive though the scenery for the most part is OK and sometimes lovely but you would be arriving well after dark even at he end of May.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from CDG to Cassis

We took the TGV from Paris to Marseilles and picked up our rental in Marseilles and drove the 30 minutes to Cassis. Well normally it's about 30 minutes, but with my navigation skills it took us longer.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from CDG to Cassis

It looks like Alamo and Budget have late office hours as well, it looks like they might be open as late as 11:00 - 11:30pm.

4. Re: travel from CDG to Cassis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2012, 13:16