We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights in south of France? Help sought.

Australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
4 nights in south of France? Help sought.

My husband and I will be in France next March celebrating the end of a 12 month health battle. I'm currently home & recuperating and would love help with some direction for France.

We will have 2 nights in Paris and then 4 nights to spend elsewhere. Was thinking of hiring a car to head south so as to end up in Avignon, with 4 stops along the way (we can fly out of Avignon back to London then on to Australia.)

We love wine, cheese, country side, quaint B&Bs, the slow pace would suit us. Not wanting big cities & shopping etc.

If anyone would mind suggesting 4 separate overnight stops it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 nights in south of France? Help sought.

Perfectly possible and quite a nice drive in 4 days but why spend time travelling in a car?

Why not take the TGV to Avignon, hire a car there and see a bit of Provence?

Check the flights from Avignon to UK as to the best of my knowledge there are no direct flights to London from Avignon.

Flights to Gatwick from Marseille on BA.

Australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 nights in south of France? Help sought.

Thank you for this input Boucheboy.

I'll consider this suggestion of yours.

We were only thinking of driving so as to maybe stop off in Loire Valley, Chartes and Carcassonne.

It will be become a matter of prioritizing though I see. That's where input from experienced folk, such as yourself, helps narrow things down for us.

Thanks for the tip re flights back to UK. Thought Easyjet flew out of Avignon but see Montpellier is an option with them.

Thanks again!

Edited: 06 April 2011, 22:15
3. Re: 4 nights in south of France? Help sought.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 16:19