We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

must see towns beyond Nice and Cannes?

Toronto
Level Contributor
838 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
must see towns beyond Nice and Cannes?

Making our way from Italy to Barcelona. Have been to the above cities....where would you suggest we stop and visit...if age makes a difference, we are twenty somethings...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
227 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: must see towns beyond Nice and Cannes?

Where in Italy? That way I can see what is in between. One suggest I would make it Marseille. We did that from Barcelona to Nice and the calanque of Marseille are beautiful!

Toronto
Level Contributor
838 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: must see towns beyond Nice and Cannes?

Cinque Terre....no, Marseille not. reviews of the place are very sketchy...what about Aix en provence or Avignon or Narbonne?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,937 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: must see towns beyond Nice and Cannes?

Hi,

Depending how long you have to take this journey ??

I would also sugguest going inland - detour to see Avignon / Le Baux / Saint Remy / Orange / Nimes - back to hwy.

Toronto
Level Contributor
838 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: must see towns beyond Nice and Cannes?

probably 2 nights, maybe 3

5. Re: must see towns beyond Nice and Cannes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 23:16