We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

If you know of a small, quiet campsite near a beach on the south coast of France, that would be great for a couple travelling in a campervan wanting to get away from it all then PLEASE let me know? A pool would be nice too but I realise we can't have everything.

Looking mainly in the Cotes d'Azur region but up for other ideas...

Many thanks!

Barney

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
672 Reviews
from US$74.90*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Skip-the-Line Admission...
726 Reviews
from US$48.70*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$103.40*
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

In August, you're going to be hard put to find anything that's away from anything, especially families on the beach.

After August, it will be much easier.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

Have a look at this site - www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Scroll down to bottom of home page and click on 'Caravan sites and Camping' - then on the map of France and then on the region you want to stay.

Plenty of sites in the South of France and most have unbiased reviews.

Also 'All the Aires France' from Vicarious Books is essential for MH's in France.

And 'Le Guide Officiel Camping Caravaning' from Vicarious Books with over 10,000 campsites listed is well worth looking at.

If you really want to get away from it all have a look at this publication - www.france-passion.co.uk

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

The Michelin Guide to Camping and Caravanning in France, shows the features of each site, including 'very quiet'. I recommend you buy this guide if you don't already have it. It was our 'bible' when we went camping in France. I've never found an 'adults-only' campsite in France, although there are some in the UK and other parts of Europe.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
15,195 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

Is the Op's trip in August? The Michelin guide is excellent, especially for quiet sites, but for August many sites which are quiet for the rest of the season become very busy and peacefulness can then be lost.

Maybe a compromise could be to research somewhere small away from the coast, but with access to a river.

Some sites in the Cevennes, for example, will still be fairly quiet in August. If the coast is a must, you'll find much more choice after 15th August and into September.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

celestina - I've never found an 'adults-only' campsite in France,

There are 8 sites shown as 'adult only' at the website - www.ukcampsite.co.uk - but none in the area 'barneynewman' intends visiting.

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

Oh Keith, if only I'd known about those adult-only campsites in France, but this info just comes too late for me. A few years ago our trusty old tent of more than 25 years disintegrated on a campsite near the Channel. At that point I decided that my frame too was beginning to get a bit too rickety to sleep on the ground, and I've not been camping since. I do miss it though :-)

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

celestina - www.ukcampsite.co.uk also gives 24 Naturist Campsites throughout France - avoid or visit?

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

Oh Keith ... , I have to say that again because you really are taking me back, since on many of our camping trips we went to Corsica where there are many beautiful but completely secluded coves ...

So there ;-)

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

oh god is so hard to find Quiet campsite with no kids in France :( me and my friend is planing to go next week to France and still haven't find a suitable place to stay .

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for-Quiet campsite, no kids, nr beach, South France?

My family and I run a small adults only campsite in France in the Dordogne region, so they certainly exist :) I can recommend using the ukcampsite tool mentioned above to search for sites by requirement such as adults only, despite the name they cover sites outside of the UK :)