We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New apartment reviews?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
New apartment reviews?

We recently stayed at an apartment in France and wanted to review it.

When I tried to write the review I found the apartment hadn't been reviewed before and wasn't listed with Tripadvisor.

I filled in all the details three weeks ago required by Tripadvisor and was informed that they would research it and add it if it met Tripadvisor's guidelines.

I'm still waiting – has anyone any idea how long this process takes?

If this post should be on another forum could you please advise which one.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New apartment reviews?

Bump

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New apartment reviews?

Hi Keith,

Holiday rental properties (houses, apartments, cottages etc) have to be listed on www.flipkey.com or www.holidaylettings.co.uk before they can be listed on TA.

www.tripadvisor.com/Owners-t3

So if the apartment owner/manager/agency doesn't wish to pay the annual fee to be included on those sites, they will not be able to have their property listed on TA - and you won't be able to write a review of it in the "standard format" as per hotels, B&BS etc.

I'm surprised that it's taken three weeks to respond to your enquiry, though. TA probably has contacted the owners of the property in question to see whether or not they wish to join Flipkey or Holiday Lettings - there may be some delay at that end. You could try posting a query on the TripAdvisor Support forum - you may get a response that way!

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Edited: 23 January 2012, 23:25
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,222 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New apartment reviews?

Or you can write your review on these forum pages, using the name of the apartment in the title, which will make it searchable for possible future renters.

4. Re: New apartment reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2013, 10:22