We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling to Caen from Paris

Camillus, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
traveling to Caen from Paris

After spending 4 nights in Paris we(7 of us) will be heading to Caen for 2 nights. I am having trouble finding train schedules, etc. Every time I put it in I am told the trip is to long and sends me to RailEurope. Is that what I want? Also once we are in Caen can someone provide info on tours to the Beaches of Normandy and American cemetary - day trip and also day trip from Caen to Mont St. Michel? With 7 of us it is probably not practical to rent a car.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Bayeux Shuttle Multimedia Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
OverlordTour
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling to Caen from Paris

You want the tgv-europe site, but don't admit to being from the US!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling to Caen from Paris

Read the "Booking French Train Tickets from USA or Australia" link that is in the "Top Questions" box along the right margin of this page. What you are experiencing is a common problem for US travelers. There are some quirks - mostly about the pesky Rail Europe site - that we experience when we access the French train sites.

For D Day touring, I suggest you go to Bayeux instead of Caen. Here is a post about how we structured our trip, and you can adapt the info so it works for you. There are links here for tour companies and places to stay:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187179-i607-k5174…

Have a great trip!

3. Re: traveling to Caen from Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2013, 09:26