We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern France dilema !!

Perth WA
1 post
Save Topic
Southern France dilema !!

I need help with planning a trip. We are in our 50's but we are still pretty good. We arrive in Avignon from Paris by train on 29th Sept. about 2pm we have acomodation, we check out on 30th we will hire a

car and drive thru Aix-en- Provence to Nice. Doing a day trip to Monaco

by bus, we want to see as much of Provence as we can without overdoing it. We have to be in Zurich by the 3rd October, so only have 3 1/2 days.

Do we need to stay some where overnight between Aixen-Provence and

Nice? are we pushing it to the extreme??

Edited: 27 May 2012, 06:49
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
338 reviews
from US$60.78*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,248 reviews
from US$105.76*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Palace of Versailles...
496 reviews
from US$303.91*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
532 reviews
from US$43.76*
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern France dilema !!

I can't really help you, but this post looks like it may be "falling through the cracks." I'll give you a bump! For more responses, you might want to post on the "Provence" forum where the experts keep a closer eye on the topics.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern France dilema !!

There is no need to spend a night en route from Aix to Nice -it is not a long journey

Ywhen in nice- you can easily combine the perched mediaevl village of Eze village with Monaco by bus when in nice [bus 82 or 112 to eze village, then bus 112 to monaco - return by train or bus 100 or 112]

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southern France dilema !!

No, I don't think you're pushing it 'to the extreme'; if you take the A8 from Aix-en-Provence to Nice the journey will only take you about 1hr55 mins:

maps.google.co.uk/maps…

If you want to take the coast road it is also do-able in one day but is nicer at a relaxed pace. Will you be staying in Aix to see the sights of Provence?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southern France dilema !!

Yeah...the bump looks like it may have helped! I should have also added to Cote d'Azur (French Riviera) forum where you might want to post, but this has caught the attention of two of the experts I know from there.

Edited: 27 May 2012, 16:56
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southern France dilema !!

In all honesty, you really need to cut way back on your plans for what to see and do in only 3 1/2 days in the South of France. It is a lovely time of year to be there, with still very nice weather, lots of wonderful fresh produce, the beginning of the mushroom harvest, and you may even get to see some of the vendange ( the harvest of grapes for wine .) But keep in mind that you need to slow down and allow yourselves an opportunity to really see things, as opposed to just being able to say that you have been there.

Personally, I would recommend that you spend the entire time in Western Provence, and then go directly to Zurich.

6. Re: Southern France dilema !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 14:16