We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Rocamadour by train

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting Rocamadour by train

Im planning to visit Rocamadour by train but Im not sure if the rail station is near the city centre...

Can I go by walk? How much time does it take?

Thanks

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,620 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Rocamadour by train

The station is not near the center at all, it's 4 kilometres away. According to the train authority website there are no buses nor taxi stands nearby but you may want to contact the tourist office and ask if they have a seasonal shuttle or something: rocamadour.com/en/…0

Otherwise you'll find taxis at the bottom of this page: rocamadour.com/fr/…0

There also seems to be bus lines between Rocamadour and other towns but walking or calling a taxi seems the easiest.

Edited: 24 June 2012, 17:02
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Rocamadour by train

Thanks. Ive also another problem: Im studying the railways map to reach it from Montpellier.. it seems there are not direct lines.

since Im planning an interrail I could add a city in between the two. What do you suggest me to do, to make it easier?

thanks

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,620 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Rocamadour by train

No you won't find a direct route from Montpellier. Even Montpellier - Cahors is not a direct route as it will go either via Narbonne or Toulouse.

Sorry I have no idea what would be the easiest.

Personally I wouldn't bother visiting Rocamadour from Montpellier, there are so many beautiful places to see closer to Montpellier (Saint-Guilhem le désert for instance). I have been to Rocamadour and it's lovely but not worth such a complicated trip in my humble opinion. But if it is a must see for you I would contact the tourist office for help or make a stop in Cahors or Toulouse before if you want to add a city.

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Rocamadour by train

I cant find the railway station of Saint-Guihern le desert on Vojages-sncf.com.. does it have one?

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,620 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Rocamadour by train

No I don't think so, you would have to go by bus.

6. Re: Visiting Rocamadour by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 05:15