We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Accommodation in or around Paris

UK
7 posts
Save Topic
Budget Accommodation in or around Paris

Hi

I am staying for a week in Brittany in early August then intend to travel to the Paris area to spend 4 days exploring the city with my wife and 3 children. My children are at university and therefore we have a tight budget. Can anyone suggest where we might be able to stay and perhaps commute in to the city? I thought that this option would be the most cost effective, but I an open to any suggestions

Kind Regards

Alan

Essex
Level Contributor
26,726 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Accommodation in or around Paris

Well, it might be 'cost effective' and then again it might not, as the further out you stay then the more are the train/bus fares each day to 'commute' and for 5 of you that will soon add up.

Also perhaps, the 3 'adult age' children would like to be out and about at night enjoying the young Paris scene - this would be much safer for them and less worrying for you, if you all stayed more centrally.

There are Hotels to be had for 'reasonable' prices and many threads on this forum detailing such.

IF you give your budget per night either per person, or for the whole group in Euros, then the Paris Hotel experts will soon be along to help you.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Accommodation in or around Paris

Can you state a budget, per night in euros?

With 5 people you will need two hotel rooms or you could book an apartment.

If you give us a general budget per night, I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions.

If you are on a really tight budget, you could have a look at the Formule1 Hotels or for an apartment www.centreparis.com

www.hotelformule1.com/gb/home/index.shtml

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,031 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Accommodation in or around Paris

there are cheap hotels at the end of the metro 3 line; the Galieni end. these are the Mr. Bed and such that tour groups often use. it is still on the metro so you don't add the cost of RER tickets out of the city which for 5 people will eat up any savings on hotels.

with 5 a cheap centreparis apartment might be a better bet to be more central but then you have 5 adults sharing a single bathroom -- with an apartment you can save a LOT on food by having breakfast and keeping snack and picnic foods in the apartment even if you don't prepare dinner in

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Accommodation in or around Paris

etaphotel.com/gb/…index.shtml

etaphotel.com/gb/…index.shtml

There are other Etap Hotels around Paris that may be slightly cheaper but I selected those in the best/most convenient locations.

The CISP also has rooms for 5 people at 29 €/night per person including breakfast: http://www.cisp.fr/cisp/pages/home-17.html

Edited: 08 July 2012, 15:56
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Accommodation in or around Paris

http://www.eurocheapo.com/paris/ <------My standard resource for anyone looking for budget accommodations in Paris.

There are other inexpensive hotels that aren't listed on this site, but it does provide a lot of options, as well as some decent, well balanced and detailed reviews on many of them.

You can find budget hotels scattered throughout Paris and beyond, but in order to find the right one for you, you have to ask yourself what amenities you really want, and which you'd be willing to forego if necessary. Some people really require an elevator; others don't mind climbing stairs, but really want to make sure that there's someone behind the desk who speaks fluent English and will serve as a resource. Some absolutely hate shabby chic rooms; others adore them. Some don't mind doing without TV or Wifi or breakfast served in the hotel, but feel they must have modern decor. And so on.

If you're planning on getting two rooms (which I'm assuming is the case, since a double and a triple would usually be cheaper than two doubles and a single), I'd start by looking for nice, affordable and available triple rooms. Then, once you have a few possibilities, check to see which of them also have a double or twin available.

If you can give us some idea of your price range, plus which amenities are most important to you, you'd probably get several suggestions from posters here.

6. Re: Budget Accommodation in or around Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2012, 18:29
UK
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget Accommodation in or around Paris

Hi

Thanks for your reply. My budget will stretch to 100 euros per room per night

Kind Regards

Alan

UK
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget Accommodation in or around Paris

Hi

Thanks for your reply. My budget will stretch to 100 euros per room per night

Kind Regards

Alan

Edited: 11 July 2012, 20:13
9. Re: Budget Accommodation in or around Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 06:16