We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

Leoben, Steiermark...
1 post
Save Topic
Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

I booked the ticket online for Louvre museum and I find the "withdrawal points" at ticketnet.fr

There is no way to find out which one is near the museum and which is not. Any suggestions on where I could collect the ticket?

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
494 reviews
from US$72.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,171 reviews
from US$108.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

this is a scam! There is no withdrawal points near centre of Paris. We just got tickets for a show in Paris and my husband has to go out on a one hour train ride to get the tickets. I am not sure if he makes is back in time for the show.

Alberta
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

They used to have more locations available when I booked my ticket a few months ago (including a Virgin Megastore on Champs Élysées which is now closed... we just saw it boarded up today). Now there are none anywhere near the city. I have asked for a refund as the tickets aren't accessible as I was told they would be at the time of purchase, and was never notified of this change. I know the Megastores issue isn't their doing, but those of us who pre-purchased tickets should have been made aware and provided other options.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

Hi Guys! I am having the same problem, I purchased museum tickets through them and I am now realizing there isn't any close pickup location. Were you able to get a refund somehow? Or did you travel far to pick up your Louvre tickets? Thanks!

beccab00
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

Hi, I am having the same problem. I am going to write a review on tripadvisor concerning this. There is only one location in all of Paris to collect them. We spent 3 hours looking for the tickets, dragging my kids from store to store and now we have missed our opportunity. We even queued at the louvre to be offered shrugs. The only place to pick them up is from the Palais des Sports which is about 5k west of the centre. I will also email the louvre because they need to change their website.

We are now stuffed because we leave on Wednesday and the louvre is closed tomorrow. If this isn't an actual scam then it may as well be.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,288 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

To make matters worse, there is really no point in buying Louvre tickets online. The queues at the main entry to the Louvre are for security, not tickets, and they can be avoided by using one of the other entries.

I know this does not help the people who have already bought online, but it may help someone who is thinking of doing so.

Chatham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

I've got the same issue. I can't believe that they issue tickets for a central Paris attraction without any withdrawal points within a few kilometers. This is patently ridiculous.

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

Don't use ticketnet.fr, there are no withdrawal points in the centre of Paris. You have to go to La Defence with the metro. I went to Louvre in july and I qued for only 30 minutes for security-chek and tickets, so no need to book tickets from home.

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

Don't use ticketnet.fr, there are no withdrawal points in the centre of Paris. You have to go to La Defence with the metro. I went to Louvre in july and I qued for only 30 minutes for security-chek and tickets, so no need to book tickets from home.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

Hello There!

I just purchased tickets via ticketnet.fr! :(

Where were you able to claim your ticket?

Los Gatos...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Withdrawl points for Online Louvre Tickets

I just bought them online (sigh!) but I see on the ticketnet site that you can pick them up here: Association TOURISTSERVICES 31, rue du Pont Neuf, 75001 PARIS. That looks to be about a 10 minute walk from the Louvre. Anyone tried there?