We are travelling in family of four (2 kids 10 and 13). Have planned the following :
Arc de Triomphe
River Seine cruise
Mont St Michel
Montmartre & Sacre-Coeur
Alsace wine route
By train to Lausanne, Switzerland
I need advice on :
1. Is the above itinerary too busy?
2. I plan to stay in the Latin Quarters; have read the forum for recommended stays but cannot decide yet - since i'm planning to go in November which is low season, is it ok to book my accomodation later on?
3. Is there any train passes that will save me some money for trips to Versailles, Mont St Michel, Eurodisney and Strasbourg?
4. Is Mont St Michel worth the 7-hour to-and-fro journey from Paris?
5. How to get from Colmar to Lausanne?
6. Noticed there is a Nazi concentration camp on the Alsace wine route - is this worth visiting?
Would appreciate advice from French experts on this forum.