We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend drive with dog

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Weekend drive with dog

Hi, looking for recommendations for luxury hotel that takes dogs, driving from London and prefer to practice my french. I know most French hotels take dogs, but would love personal experience!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend drive with dog

Sorry I can't help with the Luxury Hotel but could I ask, if you're only going to France for the weekend, how you intend getting your dogs Passports sorted out for the return to the UK?

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend drive with dog

We got the passport from our vet and apparently you no longer need to have him seen by a vet for worming pre-return

Cheers

Bill

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend drive with dog

Hmmm, glad you asked that as I checked the defra site and it is not true, we need to get him wormed before we go, 120 hours or less before we return, so shouldn't be a problem - thx

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend drive with dog

Could you let me know how much your Vet charges for giving the tablet, examining your dogs and stamping their Passports.

My Vet wants to charge me £30 next month for visiting him with my dog, and having the Passport regulations sorted out, and I think that is too much.

Sorry - still can't help you with the Hotel.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend drive with dog

that sounds REALLY expensive. I would try and look around. We have the most wonderful vet, we use to go to MediVet, but they kept getting more and more expensive and doing tests and things we didn't think were necessary. We now go to a local woman and she charged us £60 for the passport itself which included the rabies vaccination. As we haven't had to go and get the worming done yet, I can't say for sure, but I would be very surprised if she charged us more than £10... I will post back when I know for sure. But £30 sounds a lot.

6. Re: Weekend drive with dog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 10:16