We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel booking confirmation for Schengen visa interview

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Hotel booking confirmation for Schengen visa interview

Based on my reading, consulates require visa applicants to provide booking confirmation from the hotel.

Can we provide email confirmation or do we need to provide a more formal receipt on hotel letter head etc? Can anyone who applied for Schengen visa weigh in on this?

The hotel I'm dealing with (Hotel du Champ de Mars, Paris) is giving us a tough time on email. They have confirmed our reservation via email but have not provided an official receipt. We asked them about this and other questions but they repeatedly ignore these questions :(

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel booking confirmation for Schengen visa interview

< Based on my reading, consulates require visa applicants to provide booking confirmation from the hotel.

Can we provide email confirmation or do we need to provide a more formal receipt on hotel letter head etc? >

The documentation required may vary from one applicant to another. If you are not sure whether the consulate will accept the documents you have, then ask them in advance before you go for the interview.

I would think they would accept an e-mail that is clearly a booking confirmation, but you can only be sure by asking the consulate itself.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel booking confirmation for Schengen visa interview

As a postscript to my earlier answer:

You do not say which consulate you are applying through, but I assume it is a French Consulate (in New York ?).

Consulates have websites which give (more or less) detailed information about Schengen visa applications.

If you have not yet done so, look on the website of the consulate you are applying through, to see if your question is answered there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel booking confirmation for Schengen visa interview

Thanks for the reply!

4. Re: Hotel booking confirmation for Schengen visa interview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 13:18