We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on Itinerary:Cote D'Azur and Gorges Du Verdon 5 day

Perth
Level Contributor
143 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback on Itinerary:Cote D'Azur and Gorges Du Verdon 5 day

Hello , just wanting some feedback on my proposed Itinerary for the south of France next July. We are a married couple, no children, in mid 20's and enjoy hiking, adventure stuff (well my hubby does!) and I like picturesque villages! .

Plan:

- 4th July- arrive in Paris from Perth, Australia, 19 hour flight, at 8.30am. Check into Hotel Near Rue Cler early or request extra night booking and ret until 1pm. Spend afternoon wandering the neighbourhood and eat dinner somewhere nice. (we spent 6 days in paris 2 years ago)

- 5th July, check out of Hotel, take train to Nice. Arrive in Nice by early afternoon and rent car from near train station then drive to Cagnes Sur Mer where we have a nice B and B booked, overlooking the town and ocean. Use this is a base for 2 nights.

- 6th - visit Nice and Menton and Eze. We aren't into swimming, our beaches in Australia are much better (sorry its true!) so just want to soak in the atmosphere of the towns. Dinner one night in Nice, one night in Cagnes sur mere

- 7th- check out of Hotel and make out Way to Trigance (near Castellane) where we will use this as our base to visit Gorges Du Verdon. On way to Trigance, stop in St Paul de vence and Castellane ? Entreveaux but off the track a bit.

- Arrive early evening and get an early night.

8th - Visit Gorges Du Verdon, do the 5 hour hike and swim afterwards.

9th - Back to the gorges for some more adventure activities ? rafting, abseiling - haven't looked into it yet

10th- Check out of Hotel and Drive to Avignon (180 km, 3 hours approx - Google Maps) , not on the highway, passing Apt and Isle Sur Sourge (sorry about the spelling!) then catch a train to Lyon (1 hour TGV) where we have a flight leaving for Lisbon at 20.40 (I couldn't find a cheap fight from Nice to Lisbon otherwise we would've returned there)

Questions:

- is this too full on? we are likely to be jet lagged for a couple of days although last time it didn't really affect us that much.

- is 2 days for the girges Du Verdon too much? maybe spend an extra day in the Cote D'Azur?

- Will it be too hot to hike?

Any other suggestions are creatly appreciated!

thanks

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback on Itinerary:Cote D'Azur and Gorges Du Verdon 5 day

Sounds adventurous, but I am sure you know how much you can do. Eze and menton are different directiond but not really far. Near Menton (if you have tme), Consider Roquebrune, the oldest castle in France. Beautiful views, a good walk to the top.

It looks like you are planning to do each side (north, south ) of the Gorges - one day each? we did not hike but have done driving tours of both sides each on a different trip.; we did find the south side more to our liking (view points, etc but both were quite impressive. Castelline is a quiet town bur lovely.

jhgrady

2. Re: Feedback on Itinerary:Cote D'Azur and Gorges Du Verdon 5 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 15:19