Hello , just wanting some feedback on my proposed Itinerary for the south of France next July. We are a married couple, no children, in mid 20's and enjoy hiking, adventure stuff (well my hubby does!) and I like picturesque villages! .
- 4th July- arrive in Paris from Perth, Australia, 19 hour flight, at 8.30am. Check into Hotel Near Rue Cler early or request extra night booking and ret until 1pm. Spend afternoon wandering the neighbourhood and eat dinner somewhere nice. (we spent 6 days in paris 2 years ago)
- 5th July, check out of Hotel, take train to Nice. Arrive in Nice by early afternoon and rent car from near train station then drive to Cagnes Sur Mer where we have a nice B and B booked, overlooking the town and ocean. Use this is a base for 2 nights.
- 6th - visit Nice and Menton and Eze. We aren't into swimming, our beaches in Australia are much better (sorry its true!) so just want to soak in the atmosphere of the towns. Dinner one night in Nice, one night in Cagnes sur mere
- 7th- check out of Hotel and make out Way to Trigance (near Castellane) where we will use this as our base to visit Gorges Du Verdon. On way to Trigance, stop in St Paul de vence and Castellane ? Entreveaux but off the track a bit.
- Arrive early evening and get an early night.
8th - Visit Gorges Du Verdon, do the 5 hour hike and swim afterwards.
9th - Back to the gorges for some more adventure activities ? rafting, abseiling - haven't looked into it yet
10th- Check out of Hotel and Drive to Avignon (180 km, 3 hours approx - Google Maps) , not on the highway, passing Apt and Isle Sur Sourge (sorry about the spelling!) then catch a train to Lyon (1 hour TGV) where we have a flight leaving for Lisbon at 20.40 (I couldn't find a cheap fight from Nice to Lisbon otherwise we would've returned there)
- is this too full on? we are likely to be jet lagged for a couple of days although last time it didn't really affect us that much.
- is 2 days for the girges Du Verdon too much? maybe spend an extra day in the Cote D'Azur?
- Will it be too hot to hike?
Any other suggestions are creatly appreciated!