We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South of France

brisbane
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
South of France

Hi everyone we have two weeks in the south of France - any suggestions on the must sees and do ? Where to stay etc. we are wanting o stay in a few locations... I would also like to see a typical / traditional French village

Thank you!!!

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South of France

The south of france is a big area. Are you looking at the traditional Med resorts or inland or the Atlantic coast?

I would advise getting hold of some guide books and doing some basic research and then post specific questions and I am sure you will then get all the help you are looking for.

:-)

Edited: 13 February 2013, 11:33
brisbane
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South of France

Sure, we will be based in nice... We would be heading to. Cassis & narbonne to visit family..

Thanks in advance

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South of France

Another annoying follow up question ;) Will you have a hire car or be using public transport?

Wales
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South of France

Close to Nice the most popular and most visited villages include Vence. St Paul de Vence, Tourettes sur Loup,Grasse - of perfumery fame to name but a few.

I prefer to go further west to Frejus and the area north and west particularly in the high season. French school holidays start around the 6 July and for the next two months it is "High" season everywhere.

brisbane
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South of France

We will have a car - thanks :)we will be there 1st may to 13th may then we drop the car off and catch the train to Paris!!! Can not wait.

Edited: 13 February 2013, 20:30
6. Re: South of France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 06:16