We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ouigo Trains

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Ouigo Trains

SNCF is adding Ouigo to its portfolio of trains with services between the Paris area and Marseille and Montpellier starting on April 2. These will use the high speed tracks and thus have the same journey times as regular TGVs, but with lower fares, from 10 euros. They will be usin duplex TGV units that have been re-arranged with no catering facilties, reduced luggage space and single class seating. Booking will be only on-line (www.oiugo.com) and there will be a charge for more than one pieces of luggage. The "Paris" terminus wille be Marne-la-Vallee. There will be a 30 minute check-in requirement.

It obviously has some similarity with the idTGV service which may mean that US would-be users encounter difficulties with booking - it would be good to hear.

In general it may be worth trying.

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,847 Reviews
from US$37.60*
US$44.20
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,290 Reviews
from US$110.40*
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Ouigo Trains

Other differences - an extra charge for an electric point at your seat and the seats are closer together so something to look out for if you are very tall.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18,098 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Ouigo Trains

Here's the correct link Ouigo: www.ouigo.com

Thanks for th report - sounds very interesting.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Ouigo Trains

When i heard the news about this a while back, there was no mention of the advantages for people traveling as a family - ie flat fare of 5 euros per child under 12 , pushchairs free regardless of number and not counted as baggage allowance [unlike on idTGV]

also extra baggage allowance if you have 3 kids

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18,098 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Ouigo Trains

I tried to do a dummy booking but the website doesn't appear to be functioning yet. It will let me choose a departure city, but not an arrival city.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
5. Re: Ouigo Trains

One point I missed in my original post was that you cannot book a Ouigo journey with a connecting other train journey.So if travelling from Ile de France to, say, Nice the train from Marseille to Nice would have to be a separate booking.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,732 posts
6. Re: Ouigo Trains

It is really aimed at families: great children's rates and great for those heading to Disneyland from the south of France, otherwise not necessarily a good deal on the Paris-Lyon route if your goal is to visit either city because you need to add 14 euros for the round trip between Paris and Marne-la-Vallée + 23 euros for the round trip between the Saint-Exupéry TGV station and Lyon center = 37 euros and about 2 hours more.

On the other hand it might be worth it for connections between Paris and Montpellier or Marseille but for me the price difference would have to be substancial enough to justify the inconvenience and cost (an extra 10 euros) of leaving from Marne-la-Vallée (1 hour, non direct RER) instead of Gare de Lyon (15 minute direct RER).

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,732 posts
7. Re: Ouigo Trains

F1racegirl, I just tried the site and it worked for me. And it showed the train actually serves Lyon Part Dieu which is in the town center. When the news first came out it was supposed to serve only Lyon St-Exupéry. I got the 10 euro fare on trips in May (weekdays only).

London, United...
1 post
8. Re: Ouigo Trains

We have tried to book the Ouigo train from the Uk but sncf site does not accept our post code or mobile no. We had already booked our eurostar to Marne La Vallee and now are stuck. I have tried phoning both SNCF who gave the Ouigo tel no in France but could not understand what was being said. We are really fed up having taken nearly two hours to get that far and tie up times of trains.

provo
1 post
9. Re: Ouigo Trains

How do you book a flight if you don't have a french cell-phone. It won't let me move past that page because I don't have one?

Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
10. Re: Ouigo Trains

did you solve your problem ? i have the same problem, i'am not able to pay for my booking to ouigo and have already booked hotel in montpellier but now i am not able to book train tickets....