We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight from Charles De Gaulle to Atlanta ..on Air France

Roanoke, Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
flight from Charles De Gaulle to Atlanta ..on Air France

Have read HORRIBLE reviews on Air France and flying back to Atlanta from CDG...I am 67 year old widow,flying alone, who had booked return flight on Delta. Flight was cancelled and I was put on Air France...leaving 10:45 a.m. on 4/13/13. What time should I get to the airport to make sure I make this flight and any advice on traveling?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,406 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight from Charles De Gaulle to Atlanta ..on Air France

For a flight to the USA, you need to be in the check-in line at least 3 hours before departure.

You will read horrible reviews of every airline. The great majority of passengers have no problems, but see no reason to post a review saying they had a routine flight.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight from Charles De Gaulle to Atlanta ..on Air France

I've flown Air France from CDG to Atlanta a couple of times. My experiences were excellent.

I agree with Sydney. People don't tend to come on travel forums to say they had a normal, routine experience. And, from my experience, he is right in saying that - if you look hard enough - you will find negative reviews on just about every airline out there.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,476 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight from Charles De Gaulle to Atlanta ..on Air France

AirFrance and Delta codeshare - (they share flights) -- no worries whatsoever. We go out of our way to book AF flights and have never had even the first issue with their service.

You need to check in 3 hours before departure for US-bound flights - security takes a long time (and this is not the fault of the airline, or even the airport)

4. Re: flight from Charles De Gaulle to Atlanta ..on Air France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 06:16