We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best little towns in provence to stay in August?

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best little towns in provence to stay in August?

I'm going to be passing through Provence by myself for a week or so in August -- am looking for 2-3 small towns to stay in, in apartments ideally or maybe B and Bs. I'm less interested in touristy stuff, and mostly just want to eat and drink in really pretty, unique places. Will have a car too. Would love any recommendations!

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best little towns in provence to stay in August?

In order to make any sort of valid recommendations we really need to know whether you will be in Provence in early, mid, or late August.

We also need to know whether you are going to really be in Provence, or if you intend to spend your time in and along the Riviera, Cote d'Azur (which many people call Provence).

Please keep in mind that many rental properties, especially during the really high tourist season, are only rented out bu the week, with the week generally starting on Saturday.

Hope to hear from you soon regarding your stay-dates

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best little towns in provence to stay in August?

hi there - i havent booked anything yet so it's totally open, but likely mid-august. my plan was to take the high speed rail down to either aix-en-prov or marseilles, rent a car, and head to wherever i'd decided on. i'd like to do a few days by the beach so was looking at cassis or something similar, but am open to suggestions on that too. if there was a route you recommended more i am all ears - this seemed like the most logical starting point.

ideally would do a night or two in one town, then two or three nights by the beach, then head back to paris.

thanks!

3. Re: Best little towns in provence to stay in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 05:17