We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South of France

1 post
Save Topic
South of France

Hi,

I'm looking at doing a mini tour of Southern France in a couple of weeks time, setting out from Paris. The idea is to cram in:

Toulouse, Carcassonne, Perpignan, Montpellier, Avignon, Cannes, and Nice.

I know it's not ideal to do so many places in a short amount of time (about a week) but its what I want to do.

Please let me know which of these places aren't worth listing, or if there any must see's I've missed off the list.

Furthermore, if you have any tips for getting from city to city, please let me know. As well of places I can stay for virtually no money.

Thanks!

James

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South of France

Hi James,

Welcome to TA.

In order to make any really valid recommendations regarding which of your listed places you might want to eliminate, we really need to know what sort of sites you want to visit - ie. Roman ruins, Medieval sites, etc.

Please keep in mind that even visiting your 8 sites (which are not in anywhere that could be considered to be "close proximity,") is virtually impossible, since you will loose alot of time - probably 1/2 day every time you relocate, whether you fly, drive, or take the train.

Hope to hear from you soon.

2. Re: South of France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 05:17