We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do for 20 days in France?

1 post
Save Topic
What do for 20 days in France?

Hi all,

I've got twenty days to spend in France from the 8th of September (fly home out of paris on the 28th). I'm taking the ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff so will be starting in Brittany, I would like to have around a week in Paris but need some good suggestions on where to visit in the meantime. I'm 25 and will be travelling with my girlfriend. Both of us have a keen interest in the history and local culture of wherever we visit and are very easy going. As a rough itinerary I'd considered using Dinan as a base for a few days in Brittany then moving onto Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseilles, Nice and then up to Paris from there with hopefully enough time to visit the Normandy beaches. We can hire a car if needed but would prefer to travel by train/bus where possible. As I said though I'm very flexible and open to any ideas you guys may have. Thank you

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do for 20 days in France?

www.sncf/com/en will get you started for train travel throughout France. This is the French rail network site - RailEurope is an agency and you will pay more for your tickets than if you book direct with sncf.

Have a look at their routes, decide which towns/cities interest you and then look at some tourist information sites to get a feel for what that place has to offer.

Personally, I would think about hiring a car (especially in Brittany and Normandy).

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do for 20 days in France?

If you're going to spend a week in Paris, that leaves you 21 days (20, really, assuming the 28th will be lost). I can't see making such a vast tour of the country (six other places/regions) in such a short time. I'd start by axing Bordeaux so you don't have to trek across France from there to the SE. Even with that, you'll have about 2 days in each place, when you figure in the traveling time between places.

3. Re: What do for 20 days in France?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 06:19