We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended guide book for France

Washington, Virginia
Level Contributor
132 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended guide book for France

I realize that individual tastes may vary considerably among guide books and how helpful they are for any one individual. That said, I am planning to buy an eBook guide book for all of France. We have our rooms booked, I don't look to the guide book to help much in that area, with the internet we are able to do most of that work in advance.

But, what guide books have TA users used and how useful do you think they have proved to be?

Any comments would be welcome.

We have been to France many times, this is not our first trip. But, as we are heading to areas that we have not visited before, I would like to refresh our materials before leaving.

We will be in the Gorges de l'Ardeche, Gorges du Verdon, Gorges du Tarn, and Aigues Mortes areas, mostly rural and small villages.

Any thoughts?

Essex
Level Contributor
28,544 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended guide book for France

The michelin green guides are on line at Viamichelin, they are kind-of free and you can acces them via the on-line mapping and see what places are near to where you are staying....

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended guide book for France

As you'll be visiting the Gorge de l'Ardeche, try to fit in a visit to the extraordinary Aven d'Orgnac, a really, really big cave.

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended guide book for France

We have ALWAYS used the Michelin Green Guides for the various regions, as they provide very detailed information AND have wonderful information regarding access that relates to the Michelin regional maps.

4. Re: Recommended guide book for France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 05:18