We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I cancel a TGV-AVIS car reservation?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
50 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How do I cancel a TGV-AVIS car reservation?

Hi, I booked a car using the TGV-AVIS car rental website. But now my flight to France got cancelled due to the air control strike. I am now forced to cancel the whole France trip including this car rental reservation. I went back to the AVIS microsite where I originally booked the car but couldn't find any button that allows me to cancel my reservation. I wrote an email to the address which sent me the original confirmation and got the auto-reply asking me to call the customer service. I called the customer service number which was French recorded msg. I don't know how to cancel my reservation. Pls help if anyone has prior experience...

Many thanks,

Mentioned in this post
TGV
TGV
1,313 Reviews
Paris, France
France
France
Europe
California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,787 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I cancel a TGV-AVIS car reservation?

You could try the U.S. number for Avis: 1-800-331-1084

They should be able to connect you to someone who can help with your problem.

2. Re: How do I cancel a TGV-AVIS car reservation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 06:17