We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone providers across Europe

3 posts
Save Topic
Phone providers across Europe

Hey travellers,

I'll be travelling through Europe for six months and going through various countries. Is anyone able to advise me on the best option for my mobile phone? I am considering purchasing a prepaid SIM card (I have an unlocked iPhone 3) is anyone able to advise me if there is a phone network provider that may have better roaming rates across Europe? I am currently in France and have no knowledge of mobile networks yet.

Thanks in advance :)

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,780 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone providers across Europe

I use Lebara mobile service but no matter what service you choose, think about how you will continue to purchase pre-paid minutes as you consume talk time and travel about. Talk credit purchased in one country may not be available in another. Obviously an internet account will allow you to recharge your talk time as needed.

As for roaming rates, they will always be more than in country rates but EEU rates are generally capped at about 0.40€ per minute.

If you are currently in France, consider visiting a Phonehouse store. Phonehouse is France's largest independent mobile phone provider and they can help you in choosing the best service.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone providers across Europe

Thanks so much :) ill check out phonehouse

3. Re: Phone providers across Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 06:17