We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

southern coast itinerary

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
southern coast itinerary

Hi

We are planning a very last minute trip to France (we leave tomorrow) and would like to explore southern coastal cities and some others within 8 days. We will spend a night in Nice and move in a westerly direction and then come back to Nice to catch a flight.

I am thinking of

- 5 Jul: spend a night in Nice

- 6 Jul: Check out Monaco and move to Antibe and spend a night. Maybe stop by Cannes as it's close? Or do you think we can even do day trips from a single basecamp?

- 7 Jul: Drive to Marseille and spend two nights

- 9 Jul: Check out Aix-en province and stay a night

- 10 Ju: Drive to Avignon qnd spend a night

- 11 and onwards: no plan yet.

-13 Jul: return a car at Nice airport very early morning

Could you take a look this half-done itinerary and give me any feedbacks? Also any idea for the rest of our holidays?

Many thanks in advance!!

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,167 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: southern coast itinerary

Bonjour, RTW..., my mouth fell open when I read "we leave tomorrow." Good for you for being able to just get up and go!

Nice will serve as a base for Cannes, Monaco and Antibes. I would add one more day to Nice.

There is an expert named Troggs who will probably drop by. In the meantime, my reply is moving your post higher in the queue.

Bonne chance!

MrsJAS

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: southern coast itinerary

I'd just use Nice as a base as Cannes is a bit plastic for me. Whilst you are in Marseille you might want to visit Cassis. Perhaps on the 11th and 12th you could return from Avignon via the Gorges du Verdon and then have a night in Vence (30 mins from Nice airport) & see the Matisse Chapel or visit the beautiful perched village of Tourrettes-sur-Loup?

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: southern coast itinerary

Haha we just decided to move first before sit and plan. Yeah I should just settle down in Nice for a couple days and check out other cities from there. Thanks for the idea!!

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: southern coast itinerary

Thanks!! You made our itinerary just now:)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: southern coast itinerary

Glad I was of help, have a wonderful visit :-)

6. Re: southern coast itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:19